Spring in WYDAHO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
So last Friday it got warm, so I took bailed work a little early and took a ride to WYDAHO to see what was up.

Got up Teton Pass

UZ66F7.jpg

Headed to Targhee to see what was up. These little troublemakers tried to ruin my day but I was on to them...

nk4uWs.jpg

This is NOT the guy you want to hit out on the road.

izLY9X.jpg

cnnKoX.jpg

The Tetons were lookin' pretty SWEET from the Idaho side...

ZS7Olz.jpg

XeJXjU.jpg

Made it back to town at sunset, snagged a pic near the house...

4kNGrS.jpg

It snowed another foot or more during the following week, and Targhee was closing for the season. Should I bike, or should I board? Why choose? Strapped on the board, boots locked into the bindings and headed back up.

Stopped at my drive-in to check on things...

dL6xxs.jpg

Headin' up to funland....

pRbqsB.jpg

Lots of new snow, looking good!

SEsbMp.jpg

RrqZZx.jpg

Scored a primo parking spot, time to change boots....

3wrfQz.jpg

Walked over to get a lift ticket, the party was in full swing. People dressed up trying to get across a skim pond. Spoiler alert, most failed...

TOljsK.jpg

7cKmVh.jpg

This guy was in the right frame of mind...

oU546J.jpg

This guy was udderly ridiculous....

rHhlBm.jpg

NICE day at the base....

Czc3Y2.jpg

Heading up, oh what a blue sky it was....

V4FNIF.jpg

Up at the top, the scenery is.....amazing.

SRN5bZ.jpg

Looking down...

DyECh9.jpg

Looking back up...

qIj7g8.jpg

Couple skiers on the hill if you can spot them--gives some perspective of how big this hill is....

y1tqkF.jpg

If you cruise around the corner it looks like this...

WmJ4TB.jpg

and this...(fresh tracks in April--can't complain about that!)

8Hscql.jpg

Apres ski got going, I called the wife and told her to head up. Lifts closed at 4, plenty of time left to hang out...

HH1ycS.jpg

Hanging out at the TRAP

2gDgGn.jpg

A few choice choices...

qT3hMR.jpg

Yes I was enjoying this particular Saturday...

RFcfsD.jpg

She wanders off when she drinks....hey, the parking lot is down, not up....

I9YSlF.jpg

Cruised down to Driggs, grabbed dinner, then made the ride back home.

So hey, while it really sucks living in the middle of nowhere, we somehow manage to survive. For all of you in warm states with no winter, please stay where you are. You would hate it here.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweat. Thanks for sharing. It reminds the time I rode a motorcycle with ski boots, ski gear and camping gear to Mt. Hood where I rented skis for summer skiing. It was a hoot.

Nice RR report Spud! Don't have to worry about me coming up there. I grew up with snow and don't miss it one bit, but then I wasn't a skier, so I can't appreciate it the way you do.

The Navy sent me to Idaho Falls for the 1977-1978 winter, and we skied Grand Targhee all the time. Looks a lot swankier now. A girl's school in Rexburg (Riggs?) had a Beginner Skiing class that showed up every Thursday afternoon, so us sailor boys beat feet to get there in time.

Looking good with the board and boots!

Okay, what IS all that white shit? Other than that crap, the pictures were great.
smile.png

Seriously, very nice pics, very good narrative. Your wife is also quite lovely. If I took Mrs. Redfish up there folks would think a buffalo had escaped Yellowstone.

Okay, what IS all that white shit? Other than that crap, the pictures were great.
smile.png

Seriously, very nice pics, very good narrative. Your wife is also quite lovely. If I took Mrs. Redfish up there folks would think a buffalo had escaped Yellowstone.
Well to quote Beemerdons, JSNF.

Thanks for the nice ride report and pictures!!
smile.png

Especially the seventh photo in the sunset is great!!

Thanks all for the nice compliments, the back-handed insults, and the smart-ass-ities. From this group I expect nothing less
smile.png