Checking out the G

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Weather in these parts has been ideal for doing spring maintenance on the bikes (as well as riding). I finished up the two Suzukis and decided to take the GSX1100G for a test run today. Sunny and mid 60s, looked like that chore might take a while. Headed north toward south central PA, been my favorite for a while since there's great riding there without having to fight a mob of traffic to get there. Taking MD 57 north from the Clear Spring area, I've always admired the decorative brickwork on this old bank barn.

DSC01124-1.JPG

Topped off the tank in McConnellsburg, PA. Probably not necessary, the G can go 150 - 200 miles on a tank, but I didn't know when I'd see a gas station again. Up PA 522 to Maddensville Rd. (PA 475), down through Dublin Mills and found myself coming into Robertsdale. Six Mile Run Rd., between Robertsdale and Coaldale has a few interesting spots.

DSC01125-0.JPG

Back through McConnellsburg for a quick lunch, then headed back. Some nice scenery on Indian Springs Rd. in MD.

DSC01126-0.JPG

Slabbed it the last few miles home. The old G ran perfectly for 200+ miles, so I guess it's time to move on to the next chore. Didn't realize retirement was going to be this much work...

Nice ride report. I'm so looking forward to your kind of employment.

BION, Pennsylvania is actually on my bucket list of rides. I want to see some of that stuff from the helmet visor.

Can't say that I've ever seen a barn with brick veneer on it.

Also, I haven't seen a GSX with hard luggage on it is a Coon's age. Throw up a side view pic when you get a chance, would ya?

Nice ride report. I'm so looking forward to your kind of employment.
BION, Pennsylvania is actually on my bucket list of rides. I want to see some of that stuff from the helmet visor.

Can't say that I've ever seen a barn with brick veneer on it.

Also, I haven't seen a GSX with hard luggage on it is a Coon's age. Throw up a side view pic when you get a chance, would ya?
It's nice to have the time to do every last bit of maintenance on all four bikes and not have to hurry or postpone anything due to lack of time. You'll love the Laurel Highlands of PA; the parts I've ridden were great roads, no traffic, and beautiful scenery. I've had the G since 2002, I adapted the GIVI fitment kit and Wingrack from a 2001 Bandit 1200 and got most of the bags from ebay. The 1100Gs were only imported into the US in '91, '92, and '93, so parts are starting to get scarce. This is from a previous ride on the BRP, at Smart View picnic area, mile 155:

19.%2BSmart%2BView%2Bpicnic%2Barea.jpg

I'm using a pair of E41s on the sides now. Thanks for your interest in this old timer. Tom

You retired guys are really starting to irritate me.

Nice roads and a terrific barn!