90 degree valve stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure like my KurveyGirls, great color assortment. Had them on mine for 2 yrs. no problem. You will find checking/airing the tires much more enjoyable. Get some>

Wasn't there some "T" stems that some of your are using with air pressure monitors? I didn't see these listed.

Found these in chrome
bad.gif

https://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/chrome_t_valve_stems/46037/261164

Last edited by a moderator:
Any pics as to how the various products fit on FJR wheels?

Would be even more interested if Garmin or other external TPMS was demo'ed.

Garmin works well, you just have to be careful about the direction of the 90 degrees stems. The stem has to be carefully lined up so it does not hit the brake rotors.

Panman will probably with along with pictures.

radiummadman posted: I sure like my KurveyGirls, great color assortment. <snipped to fit my Friday night mood>
I got mine from Bike Effects (in gold) but I didn't know about any curvy girls ........

Just get the straight rubber ones that pop out of the rims 60 miles from Scotty's Castle and deflate the tire in about 4 seconds so you can wait three hours in the cold wind for a tow truck that will take you to Pahrump Nevada. That's FAR more exciting. Don't you want an adventure?

I used the t stems from wing stuff. One leaked and had to be reinstalled. Might have been an installed issue. Both have been fine since. Big fan of fobo and t-stems.

https://www.motomillion.com/collections/types?q=Valve%20Stems

Valve_Stem_Red_Main_large.jpg

Description:

High quality little gems directly imported from Italy.

Used by many MotoGP, BSB, Endurance and other top level motorcycle competition bikes, these valves are drop forged aluminum and have a high quality anodized finish that will withstand the heat radiated from your rotors.

Lighter and much safer than conventional rubber valve stems. Each valve only weighs 11 grams (0.388 oz).

Makes tire pressure checks and fills a much easier task and they look fantastic.

Beware of replica / knock offs on the market. These valve stems are the authentic Bridgeport valves, and come with a limited 5 year warranty. Unlike others that are machined down from cast pieces, these are drop forged aluminum to ensure the highest strength while maximizing the weight savings.

The angled core reduces the centrifugal forces being applied, which adds an element of safety.

Nut Torque Spec: 7-10Nm (62-88 in-lbs)

Fits:

BMW, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycles from 1980 and newer which run tubeless tires.

If you email Mani directly at [email protected] he offers a forum discount as well

Well I have some 90 degree valve stems but unfortunately, I can't comment on them because Pants is an idiot.

My friend Redfish Hunter thoughtfully bought me a set of 90 degree stems recently. I put them in my tank bag and did what apparently people do when they turn 50 years old - I forgot about them. At the next tire change, while I'm standing next to my guy who is about 40 miles from home BTW - the light bulb went off. So now, I will be waiting 9-12,000 more miles for that little upgrade.

If my head wasn't screwed and torqued onto my neck, he'd forget that at times too. (sigh)

Been there done that! The last couple of sets of 90 degree stems I installed, I taped the new stems to the next set of tires going on the bike. It solved my problem. I almost always have a set of tires stored for next change so it works for me.

I am running the Bridgeport/Ariete purchased from KurvyGirl in black. The set hppants has in reserve are identical. I had a couple silver sets prior to this, one on my ST1300 and the set Pop is still running on his FJR, but those came from bikeeffects I think.

These things are almost unnoticeable until you start to use them and then Everybody Wants Some.

Latest posts