A Ride to Westcliffe, CO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobCo

Reaction score
Just came back from a quick ride. Ran down Hwy115 through Florence. Then 67 to Wetmore and 96 into Westcliffe. Here are a couple of pictures

Through the canyon ...

04231610091_zpsauuww5q6.jpg

Looking west towards the Sangre de Cristo Mtns . . .

04231610221_zpsepysvvgj.jpg

And The Sangre de Cristos from the west end of Westcliffe

04231610531_zpsr7su8zi9.jpg

214_zpslcx9gjoy.jpg

It felt sooo goood getting out this morning. The season begins
bike.gif

Got to love living in this great state BobCo. I'll be heading down your way this summer from Parker. The entire front range offers so many great rides.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot go to NAFO because HotRodZilla and I are sworn enemies. We would be forced into an Old West style shootout in the street. It would be sort of like an old Clint Eastwood movie. I would be The Good and 'Zilla would be The Ugly.
smile.png

Okay, not really. NAFO was not doable for me this year due to scheduling conflicts. And I really wanted to go see HotRodZilla and the rest of the crew.

Pop and I have ridden and driven through a lot of Colorado's beautiful mountains. It is a beautiful and wonderful place to ride and visit. But with all that white stuff all over everything all winter and no saltwater fishing, I will continue to just visit every so often.

Pop and I have ridden . . .
Riding with him (year round) is a privilege that far exceeds any sight seeing or twisties in Colorado. Colorado is here for anybody to enjoy, but riding with your father is, as they say, priceless.

I also told him that very thing the other day. I never got to ride with my dad but occasionally do with my son and I cherish every minute of it. Any of us that can share riding with spouses or other close family members are blessed in a unique way.

Nice pictures - still plenty of snow on the mountains. Is that normal for late April?

I've been to Colorado many times. Once on the bike. I will be back for sure!!

still plenty of snow on the mountains. Is that normal for late April?
Yep, quite normal. Some of the more interesting roads - Independence Pass, Mt Evans, Trail Ridge Road (all paved roads) - don't open until just before Memorial Day Weekend, if then. Here's a picture from Google of Trail Ridge Road in May, 2015

RMNP%2BSnow.jpg

The later the snowpack, the better for us thirsty southern states. Our water supply depends on the runoff from the CO Rockies.