Going back to an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsonian

Mr. Christmas Pants
Reaction score
Well....I've been off a motorcycle for 6 years, took the plunge and bought a Triumph Sprint St1050 with my tax return this year. Well...turns out it needs entire suspension rebuilt. Been sitting for a week, now has developed a mysterious leak from somewhere. I should've been smart and just bought an FJR to begin with, but noooooo. So I've found a 13 at Pony Powersports and am more than likely going to go check it out and possibly bring it home. But....for a couple thousand more, I can get a leftover 15. Any reasons I should take the 15 over the 13? Other than 0 miles vs 27k, 13 vs 15?

I would try to get the price down on either of those bikes...I paid just over what they want for the 15"A" for my new 16"ES".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...I've seen a 15 going for around 13k just north of Pony. I think they're expensive on their bikes.

Hey buddy, welcome back. Hope to see you at the Ramble.

I have a '13 and love it. If you are going to do a 50cc you might want a cruise control that goes above 80mph on the freeway...but I went to California and back without a CC or throttle lock so I don't give a crap about that...that's up to you. I love the 13 color...Gen 3's rule, so get the cheapest and ride it for a bazillion miles!

Man....that's an old pic there Wheatie....I'm gonna try......

And ETJ, if I can sell the ST1050 outright, I'd consider it. It's just easier with my hectic schedule to get one closer.

My 2015 is the cat's meow, but it has a clutch lever (mine has a GOLD clutch lever). Not sure how you feel about clutches and levers and stuff ...

The 2013 has a seriously limited cruise control, but I think some crazy Minnesotan here flashed his ECU to 2014 programming. (Or did I imagine that?)

I don't necessarily need to set the cruise any faster than 80....that may be a smart thing...lol
I once thought that too. Now we have lots of roads around here with a 75 mph limit and a few as high as 85.

I love my '13 (except for the cruise limitation), but in your shoes I'd try to get a good deal on the leftover '15.

I'm heading to Pony in the am to talk numbers. I found one just a bit more north, but I'm willing to see if they're gonna deal.