Time to Farkle 2016ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDave1969

Reaction score
My new 2016 FJR1300ES has finally arrived. Took it home on Saturday afternoon and put the 600 miles of break in by Monday. First farkle was K&N air filter. Fenda Extender and rear reflective decals were next. Installing GPS and battery tender/USB this evening. Oil change, rear gear oil, shaft lube, and wheel removal/greasing are next. When tool arrives, TBS will fill out the first round of service. Even matches my truck...

Dealerpic_zpscaan1iak.jpg

Beside%20Truck2_zpsqilcmxgj.jpg

Lobster to celebrate the purchase???
Gazza
Nice bike! How convenient that your truck and motorcycle can both share the same paint chip touch-up paint :lol:

Lobster is red, he is from North Carolina, given the color of this vehicles I'm thinking it'll be Blue Crab to celebrate.

hey sdave, I met you at TC on Tuesday before you picked it up. I bought the red 2014 they had. Offer a deal I couldn't refuse. Hope you will join us on our Thursday rides at 6:30 from TC and our weekend rides. (as you said when you're in town), Bill

Sweet, congrats! Loving mine as well. Turned 1000 mi. today. I would advise against using your kickstand while in gear until the factory clears the firmware issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
FJR owners have to be the fastest to first service out of all motorcycles. It's like it goes like this:

Dealer: Good morning sir, here are your keys for your new FJR.

Owner: Thanks, see you this afternoon.

biggrin.png

Enjoy making it your own. As for me besides what you mentioned above: Lamm seat, handlebar risers, National Vstream shield, highway pegs, canyon cage bag protectors, frame sliders, hyperlites, Pazzo levers, vibronators, mirror extenders, neoprene grip covers, lowered pegs, stiffy kit, large luggage rack, pin mod for hard bags, snakeskin tank and bag protective layers, headlight protective covers, fog lamps mounted on lower legs, radar detector mount for top of front brake reservoir. I found a carbon fiber fenda extenda on ebay and it's the real deal. Much nicer and better looking than the plastic extendas IMO.