Bungee hooks on GIVI 48L topbox

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therider

Reaction score
I have a long 2-up trip coming up next month. I have mountain sun tank panniers on my 12gs but they don't mount well on the FJR, so am thinking for options to tie up extra luggage on topbox. I can probably attach a duffel bag on top of pannier bags using rok straps, and not really inclined to get the givi topbox rack. Thinking if bungee hooks on the topbox is a good idea. Anyone done that?

They really don't want to have you put a lot of weight on that weak subframe.

I would recommend a larger tank bag...or a trailer.

This is them.

%C3%85rabrot-620x350.png

You won't find much love for bungees around here though. The tiedown lugs I've seen for that purpose require drilling holes in the box, too. Want to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can drill holes in the givi topbox but not probably the OEM panniers. I will try tying up a duffel for light items using whatever is on bike without drilling.

I use the givi rack, that givi makes and of course "touch wood" never have had a problem
I also use the Givi made rack...only problem is that it's tough to find hook points, as there are not many points that are suitable for hooking in.