Gen 3 Fairing Removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjcin

Reaction score
I need to remove the top left fairing on my new bike. I have done a search on here and can only get so far. Are there screws behind the glove box? If so, how do I get to them. I have the new fairing and it looks like there are 3 hidden screws. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Try this... https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/153923-i-give-how-do-you-remove-the-fairing-side-panels-on-the-2013/

I just did it last weekend. Undo the screws, and wiggle ....
rolleyes.gif
. (post #3)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://spotidoc.com/doc/919483/fjr-fairing-removal
I haven't done it yet, but this is fairly comprehensive with photos and I've got it bookmarked for when I do decide to dig around in there.
Just thought I'd try this link. I was surprised to find it takes you to a copy of my pdf that I'd linked to in post #50 of the "I give, how do you remove the fairing side panels on the 2013?" topic. Someone's downloaded it from my site, put it on theirs.

However, what I did find is that the clone was considerably smaller than the original, with no apparent loss of detail. So, knowing it's possible to get it smaller, l've persuaded OpenOffice to remake the pdf to be about 1/15th of the original size (even smaller than the clone), so it will be MUCH quicker loading from my site
smile.png

To be clear, there's no more information in the pdf than there is in my post #15 of that topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://spotidoc.com/doc/919483/fjr-fairing-removal
I haven't done it yet, but this is fairly comprehensive with photos and I've got it bookmarked for when I do decide to dig around in there.
Just thought I'd try this link. I was surprised to find it takes you to a copy of my pdf that I'd linked to in post #50 of the "I give, how do you remove the fairing side panels on the 2013?" topic. Someone's downloaded it from my site, put it on theirs.

However, what I did find is that the clone was considerably smaller than the original, with no apparent loss of detail. So, knowing it's possible to get it smaller, l've persuaded OpenOffice to remake the pdf to be about 1/15th of the original size (even smaller than the clone), so it will be MUCH quicker loading from my site
smile.png

To be clear, there's no more information in the pdf than there is in my post #15 of that topic.
Now that the "I give..." thread has been updated, maybe now you'll get a better google search result. That's how I found the PDF I linked in the first place. Very well done :)

Thanks. I walked away from it last night. Now armed with good info, I will wrap my job up tonight. Tim

Now that the "I give..." thread has been updated, maybe now you'll get a better google search result. That's how I found the PDF I linked in the first place. Very well done :)
Mr Google wanders round my site, maybe he got fed up with waiting for my old PDF to load so that he could examine it.

The reference to this site's pictorial how-to is in the FAQ section on the pinned "'13 - Up Bin-O-Facts (Generation III)", with lots of other useful stuff.

Printed out the instructions and with a little patience the new fairing is installed. Thanks for the links. Tim C