• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Headlight Adjustment Knob Screw

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleJon

Farting Brisket Sprinkles
Reaction score
Last night I installed a pair of FZ-1 mirrors on my Pink Lady. In the yard. Everything went very smooth until re-assembly, when I dropped the screw that holds on the headlight adjustment knob. In the yard.

So if anybody has an extra rolling around in a drawer, I'd appreciate it. I will happily pay shipping and a reasonable amount of compensation. If I have to, and I'll probably have to, I'll look up the part number and request one from Mama Yama.

Don't remove screws in the yard. The grass is hungry.

Yeah...that kinda sucks
weirdsmiley.gif

Thank you. I've got the part number, but it looks like I'd have to go to the dealership to get one ordered. I'll try the hobby store first.

Are you still planning to attend SEOR? If I haven't found one by then, maybe we can work something out? I'd happily buy you a beer(or whatever you drink(if you drink)) in exchange for that $.56 screw. Yamaha lists them at $1.11 for a two pack, though you can't order them online.

My local hardware stores carry items like this. I haven't needed to go to a Big Box store for hardware but I would expect that they would also carry screws like you need.

I'll stick one in my tank bag. My schedule is pretty crazy so there's no garauntee that I'll make the Ramble, but I am planning on it.

I tried posting from my phone yesterday, but I guess it didn't go through. I actually found it. Went back to the scene of the crime after work yesterday, and found it after about 30 second of looking. Thanks for the offer to help. I'll still buy you that beer.