An apology to all of the Subie owners/enthusiasts out there.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTXFJR

Reaction score
Ok, I've gone and done it again, me and my big mouth.

I made a post comment in one of the threads about Subaru Nerds on the Tail of the Dragon, and a fellow forum member correctly came back in with a comment that it's not the brand, but the idiot behind the wheel. I don't think that comment could be more spot on.

I went back and reread my post and was horrified at how it came across, my insensitivity surprises even me sometimes, and would like to offer an apology to the Subie owners/enthusiasts. Subaru makes great vehicles, and no doubt there are many out there that love them just as much as some of us do our feejers.

I don't want this to be a rant, but I am still pissed off about my son's near head on crash incident on the Dragon Saturday. My nerd comment was really directed toward the irresponsible, careless nerd genre in general, but in my effort to keep that post short, I botched it up pretty good. Sorry!

You are overthinking it. Most of us have posted things that could be twisted around to mean horrible things.

I would be pissed too if some jackass had almost taken out me or Pop because they crossed the center line. In fact, I have been in that same situation and I have posted about it.

You cannot blame the machine for the operator although some brands tend to bring out the worst. Neither can you bow down to Political Correctness. This forum is definitely not supportive of Political Correctness, we are about truth, information and Riding FJRs.

Ride More, Stress Less.

I took no offense, because my Subaru (Outback) is usually on National Forest roads getting muddy, and has never been on the Dragon. FWIW, one can also find idiot drivers in Porsches, BMWs, Audis, and souped-up Civics, Scions, and Z-cars.

Like Redfish Hunter says, most of here have posted something that could have been (or was) misunderstood.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense taken here, my Forester would be a joke trying to run the Dragon at speed, especially with me behind the wheel. I've been known to use much more descriptive terms when discussing drivers of certain luxury sports cars in the D.C. area...

Decent of you, IMHO, to post an apology directed at anyone who might have been offended.

You're all good. Everyone knows that Subaru owners are all morons of questionable moral character.
No, that can't be right. Neither you nor I own a Subaru.
uhoh.gif

You're all good. Everyone knows that Subaru owners are all morons of questionable moral character.
uhoh.gif

Lol! Might as well go ahead add me to that list

When we made Deals Gap, we stopped by the Killboy store and when we were coming back out, there were a couple of the nerd genre pulling up in their cars with smoke pouring out of the right side front wheel on one of them. The second guy that pulled up got out and told the first one, don't use your emergency brake! Leave it in gear and let it sit for awhile he said. In an apparent stab at humor, he said to everyone on the sidewalk: nah, we didn't run them very hard at all.... After our earlier incident, and his seeming lack of concern for driving moderation, I could only walk away shaking my head.

NTXFJR,

Rational people do not blame Shopping carts at Walmart for bashing into people, they blame the people pushing them. Same argument you apologized for. Not necessary in my humble opinion. I was gonna say something about gun manufacturers, but that would derail a good (but unneeded) apology.

So try this one on too. No one blames Wilson footballs for all the Interceptions that Tony Romo throws. Subarus are not to at fault either!!

You just met a bad one.

There are others out there...

*snip quote*

"a hopped up Subaru. She was wearing a black net shirt over a black bra and was the very picture of Naughty."

smile.png

Shit, I missed a chance to get pissed off and raise my blood pressure? I need to scour the forum for possible insults and transgressions more frequently, I guess.

I have two Outback wagons and an FJR. Owned two Barus before these, and my ex and mother had more than one each. Feeling like I had a bullseye on my back for the alleged posting affront!

Bugnatr was undoubtedly including me in his "Like" of Skoot's post. Bastage!

Simple "Sorry" is not going to do for me. (former Subaru STi owner)

The only way to make this right by me, is a new 2016 FJR ES (please have it delivered to Indiana)

Thanks in advance,

MR

Actually, the OP may have been correct in his original assessment of Subaru owners. The son of a very good friend of mine bought a used early 2000s WRX and it was fast and wonderful. He kept "improving" it until it was completely unreliable, and finally it was just junk. I pulled it on a trailer to the local dealership where they made it clear that Stupidity had killed that car.

He saved his money and bought a very nice, completely stock WRX STI but he proved he was Still Stupid by "improving it" and "modifying it" and "working with a well known local tuner". He ended up selling it for parts.

I asked the boy several times, "Who EXACTLY are you trying to outrun?" There was no way any Mustang or Camaro around here was going to run with it on the strip or in the curves but he was not satisfied.

I know that in the right hands the STI is Awesome and that it can be improved. But Stupid is a deadly disease and can kill a good vehicle as easily as it can kill a person.

If there was a Killboy photo he would be called out and roasted, Daryl has owned a bad ass WRX and is fanatical about crossing the centerline, he and his staff have seen the terrible results.

I've pulled a u-turn to chase down idiots on that road twice.... it was not pretty when I caught them at CROT. Everyone there has your back if needed.

There are drivers you can judge by vehicle type, however. Anyone in a minivan or a Lincoln Town Car. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I am not a moron.....the rest can be decided in court if need be. Dumbasses that can't stay on their side of the road need all the loathing and contempt that can be summoned without the use of an XD or similar...enjoy the ride...ff

uhoh.gif
Logical fallacy, just because all Subaru owners are morons doesn't mean all morons own Subarus. You are still a moron.
biggrin.png

Also, as I've heard, the dragon is also full of morons on motorcycles as well.

ALL semi truck drivers on the dragon ARE morons though. I can confidently say that one.
biggrin.png