Time to come clean

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BritRider

Reaction score
Bought myself a shiny new 2015 ES last year in March. Had a great time with my new bike, riding in the Big Money Rally, the BMRx rally, the Big Sky Rally Working on the Railroad, and a trip down to Grand Canyon NP. All was well with the world until Presidents day this year. I was returning home from a BMR bonus hunting ride in SW WA. As I was approaching Seattle northbound on I5 I had a nasty little encounter with the rear end of a Subaru. Totally my fault, traffic in front of me suddenly went from 50mph to a near stand still. I was unable to slow down quick enough and hit the car in front of me at about 20mph. In mitigation I was distracted by the car behind me that did not have its lights on (it was dark). I had been fussing with my hazard lights to try and let the driver behind know. Not much of an excuse but that's my story.

20160130_110115.jpg

20160130_110125.jpg

Any way, the collision was enough to completely wreck the front end of the bike and launch me over the handlebars. I ended up with some sprained tendons in my right arm and a fracture to the Scaphoid bone in my left wrist. I had surgery in February to insert a screw fixation in the broken bone. My 2nd and final cast came off two weeks ago and I am now busy with PT and an exercise regime to return mobility and strength to my wrist, I hope be ready to ride again in a week or two.

FB_IMG_1455134859041.jpg

20160222_140638.jpg

20160222_143554.jpg

To that end, yesterday I pulled the string on a new 2016 FR1300A from Procaliber Motorsports in Vancouver WA. I managed to snag what I think is a great deal, with an out the door price of $16,760. This was a base price of $15,200, Sales tax $1,322, title/license/registration $90, and document fee $150. No dealer prep or freight. I'm planning on driving a hire car down from Everett and picking up the bike during the Memorial day weekend.

Hoping to keep this bike for a lot longer that the last one. Cobolt blue is my new favorite color!

Could have been much, much worse, but still, what a drag; glad you're healing and almost ready to go again!

Glad to hear you're relatively ok, and nice find on the replacement!

Sad to hear about the too soon demise and glad to see you recovering to ride again. I think I remember seeing you on your ST1300 on the Lewis and Clark Big Sky Rally at some middle of nowhere gas station. You rode with me out of town for a while but I was riding slow so you disappeared into the sunset towards Great Falls. Was on my blue Super Tenere at the time.

Heal well and soon!

Damn 'Brit, glad you're ok and getting back on two wheels. Swing by Tech Day and say hey, the gang will be there!

--G

Nice. Well done with the recovery and new bike. I had a very minor fender bender a couple months ago in a similar situation. Much less damage, though; a broken front fender and a cracked mirror from tipper at stand still on the fj09. A foot more distance and I wouldn't have touched him.

That sucks, but it is great you're making the most of a bad situation.

What kind of gear were you wearing?

To that end, yesterday I pulled the string on a new 2016 FR1300A from Procaliber Motorsports in Vancouver WA. I managed to snag what I think is a great deal, with an out the door price of $16,760. This was a base price of $15,200, Sales tax $1,322, title/license/registration $90, and document fee $150. No dealer prep or freight. I'm planning on driving a hire car down from Everett and picking up the bike during the Memorial day weekend.
Hoping to keep this bike for a lot longer that the last one. Cobolt blue is my new favorite color!
Hey neighbor. Sorry to hear about you wreck. :( Traffic on I5 approaching Seattle can be a bitch! Glad you're on the mend and have a new bike. :) You got a GREAT deal! Heal quickly.....

Dang, that sucks. Though, you did keep the bike upright for a while, there's folks that have wrecked their new 2015 the same day they got them.
biggrin.png

Sounds good on the new 2016. Good replacement. Hope you are back out snagging bonuses soon.

Ack! I don't like to see bike pics like that. Glad you are healing well and already landed a '16. Be careful out there.

I'm in a similar boat. I wrecked my Ninja 500 just under two weeks ago on Evergreen Way in Everett. I walked away with the worst being a nasty welt on my rear. Anyway, I used it as an opportunity to get the bike I've been wanting almost as long as I've been riding. Best part: insurance gave me $1500 more than I payed for the Ninja...

13064694_305692809768341_4852562152173477274_o.jpg

Dislike and like all at the same time. Bike or no bike, hope to see you at the tech meet.
If you don't mind me turning up on an ST :). I plan to start riding my old bike this weekend.
Hell yeah come to the tech meet
If I can make it I'll probably have to drive. I sat on my St today and tried a simulated ride, exercising my left hand on the clutch. It's OK for the first 10 to 15 cycles and then the pain starts. It was also hard to hold the clutch in for any length of time.

I think I still need a few more weeks of PT and exercises.