Looking for a place to store my Spyder near Denver CO this summer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have three trips planned out in/near CO this summer. Red Lodge in June, Montrose in July (NAFO), and the HW3 rally in August. My plan at the moment is to ride out to Red Lodge in June then leave the bike somewhere and fly home. Fly back in July for NAFO, leave the bike and fly home. Then fly out in August for the rally and ride home. Any chance anyone might have some space for me to store the Spyder between trips? The width on the front wheel base is 59.3" and length is 106". Thanks for any consideration/thoughts/help! B)

Why fly when you can ride?

It's only about 21 hours. You can pick up an SS1000 (several) while you're at it.

JSNS

Why fly when you can ride?
It's only about 21 hours. You can pick up an SS1000 (several) while you're at it.

JSNS
Just don't have enough time with my current work situation... and while I am in awe of the LD riders that do such things, I'm just not wired that way. ;)

I'm here. Only 12 hours away if that's OK.Plenty of room...

smile.png
12 hours away... the wrong direction! :lol:

We live 260 miles east of Red Lodge and have plenty of space to store your Spyder. Your welcome to store it here if it helps. We also have a bunkhouse you can use and we can provide shuttle service to the Helena airport. It is 850 miles from our place to Montrose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap, I sure wish I could help but my garage is already so full of sh#t I barely have room for my FJR. Sorry Tyler. If I had the room, I'd be more than happy to help.

Burns1

I also wish I could help, but don't have the room.

Another less than ideal option to consider: you could potentially rent out a drive-up storage unit for a few months. They're not entirely inexpensive, looking around here, for an 8x10 or 10x10, it's about $150/month (50% off first month though!). If that's something you'd want to consider, for one, you could do something in Grand Junction or Montrose, which is more centrally located to your planned rides.

If you still wanted Denver for easier airport access, I'd be happy to help you with coordinating and finding a good storage place, and I could go by every now and then to make sure things are as they should be. I could even provide airport shuttle services and a place to stay before you head out on your adventures
wink.png

I'm about 50 miles south of Denver. I will do some measuring and see what I can work out if you're interested - no promises, but we'll see.

I have some connections in Crested Butte, let me check and see if anything comes from that.

Tyler, I'm about to rent a storage unit to put one of my two bikes in. I'll be glad to share the space, and the cost :) Storage is cheap here.

I'm about 50 miles south of Denver. I will do some measuring and see what I can work out if you're interested - no promises, but we'll see.
I did some measuring. It wouldn't be an easy fit. If you find something else, that would be best. If you don't, PM me.

Okay so my bike is safely tucked away at a friend's house in Colorado Springs until my return to pick it up for NAFO. I'm going to fly into Denver on Wed., July 27th, arriving around 6pm. Would anyone be available to pick me up in Denver and get me to CO Springs? Dinner's on me and happy to pay for your gas... B)

Okay so my bike is safely tucked away at a friend's house in Colorado Springs until my return to pick it up for NAFO. I'm going to fly into Denver on Wed., July 27th, arriving around 6pm. Would anyone be available to pick me up in Denver and get me to CO Springs? Dinner's on me and happy to pay for your gas...
cool.png
PM sent