Admore plug in harness , where is tap?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenham

Reaction score
I bought the admore plug and play harness... Hummm where is the plug that this taps into? and how do I get to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Left side of the bike behind the silver side panel, near the air filter housing. Are you plugging in the Admore extension cable?
I don't know if it's an extension, it's the harness you can get for the Gen 1,2 that plugs into that connector and then into the top case thus avoiding the positaps. Everyone said this harness is the cats pajamas.

I bought the admore plug and play harness... Hummm where is the plug that this taps into? and how do I get to it?
I was just in there today to repair a connection. You have to remove the tail-piece cowling behind the silver panels. As said before it's on the left side. Lots of fun! I took off the GIVI rack, rear cowling, and started cleaning things up. Should take you about an hour.

As posted above, on GEN II and GEN III, the plug is just above and towards the rear from the air cleaner cover. GEN I's have it in the LH tail, requiring removal of the cowling as Tom references. No matter, plug 'n play is the way to go. I've had the same Admore harness on three bikes and it's been perfect.

--G

If it's like mine, you disconnect the plastic snap-together connectors you find behind that panel and plug the male/female Admore connectors to the corresponding ends of the bike's connector you just separated. Like most every job you do on the bike, it would be nice if there were a LOT more room to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
GEN I's have it in the LH tail, requiring removal of the cowling as Tom references. No matter, plug 'n play is the way to go. I've had the same Admore harness on three bikes and it's been perfect.
--G
This.

Yer gonna have to remove the tail plastic. If I can do it, you can do it. The connector is just shy of the corner along the left side. Squirt a bit of dialectric grease in while you're there.

Thanks gents.....

I did remove to the tail cowling as suggested. Actually don't know if it could have been done without doing that. Unclipped, clipped in the harness and re-clipped the tail lights and done. 1 hr max.

Humorous side note. After putting the harness together I checks the operation before buttoning everything back up... Tail lights (Check), Brake Lights (Check) Left Turn signal (Check) Right Turn Signal (Check) I put t all together and do the final check and DAMN.... turn the RIght Signal on and the LEFT Topcase light activates.... Left Signal and the RIGHT Topcase activates.... WTH happened here.... Open the case and flipped the light wire to the harness connection and all worked correctly. The wife and the dog appreciated the simplicity of that fix I can assure you.

Imagine a following drivers confusion seeing those mixed signals from the back of the bike.

Thanks again guys for the help

No need to remove the tail cowling. Removal of the silver panel left the target connection in plain view on my 2014. That harness was worth every penny. I would not have installed the admore otherwise.

Thanks gents.....
I did remove to the tail cowling as suggested. Actually don't know if it could have been done without doing that. Unclipped, clipped in the harness and re-clipped the tail lights and done. 1 hr max.

Humorous side note. After putting the harness together I checks the operation before buttoning everything back up... Tail lights (Check), Brake Lights (Check) Left Turn signal (Check) Right Turn Signal (Check) I put t all together and do the final check and DAMN.... turn the RIght Signal on and the LEFT Topcase light activates.... Left Signal and the RIGHT Topcase activates.... WTH happened here.... Open the case and flipped the light wire to the harness connection and all worked correctly. The wife and the dog appreciated the simplicity of that fix I can assure you.

Imagine a following drivers confusion seeing those mixed signals from the back of the bike.

Thanks again guys for the help
The same thing happened to me after i installed the tap and harness into my Wee-strom so I could move my V47 back and forth between bikes.

I fixed it the same way, must be a colorblind person assembling harnesses at Admore.

No need to remove the tail cowling. Removal of the silver panel left the target connection in plain view on my 2014. That harness was worth every penny. I would not have installed the admore otherwise.
Greenham was installing on a 2005 Gen I, and the connector is just inches away from the tail-light assembly in the back of the cowling. Nice to hear they made Gen III easier.

Greenham was installing on a 2005 Gen I, and the connector is just inches away from the tail-light assembly in the back of the cowling. Nice to hear they made Gen III easier.
Gen2 was made easier as well: left side by air filter cover. Used it to install a light bar. Easy peasy.

I added two of them - I for the light bar and one for the top case - you can connect them in series.