It's Contagious

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_Flyer

Reaction score
My brother-in-law, Tom, and his wife visited last weekend. Tom has an ancient Goldwing that has been collecting dust in his garage for as long as I've known him. I think it was on the road once in the last 10 years. He never seemed to show much interest in our '07 K1200GT's.

I had to show him my new 2015 FJR1300ES. He sat on it and said all the appropriate things. Yesterday he sent us pictures of his "new" 2012 FJR! It seems he went to the dealer, bought the bike and a helmet, left his car there and rode home.

Is there an FJR virus out there?

Yes there is. After my first test ride on an 08 I was hooked. If the thing didn't look so beat up I would have bought the Raven. I like the 06 though, there's a lot to like with these bikes. Comfort and fun in an affordable package!

13179453_1332663986760048_1807757348900439691_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother-in-law, Tom, and his wife visited last weekend. Tom has an ancient Goldwing that has been collecting dust in his garage for as long as I've known him. I think it was on the road once in the last 10 years. He never seemed to show much interest in our '07 K1200GT's.
I had to show him my new 2015 FJR1300ES. He sat on it and said all the appropriate things. Yesterday he sent us pictures of his "new" 2012 FJR! It seems he went to the dealer, bought the bike and a helmet, left his car there and rode home.

Is there an FJR virus out there?
Yes and there is no known cure.

Wrong! There is a cure; to buy one and ride the crap out of it. Then when that one gets long in the tooth you buy another one. Rinse, and repeat.

I still vaguely remember the first day on my 1st FJR. Man, what a day that was.

A whole lot alike all the following days on FJRs.

Welcome to the addiction.

I too took the fatal test ride in the spring of 09 on an 08 with 476miles, guy worked for microsoft, did not like it, traded it in on a harley. Spelled doom for my 2004 Concours, and I had ridden Connies for 22 years, great sport tourers for their time (which passed).

We should start a list pf people who came from Connies (C1's) to FJRs. I think they have certain traits in common that would attract the same kind of rider. Reliability, comfort, long distance capable with minimum fuss. Probably a lot more.

Mine was a 2001 Smurf Blue, for the record. But then... so was my FJR (Bass Bote Blue that is).

We should start a list pf people who came from Connies (C1's) to FJRs...
Well go ahead
smile.png
When you start the new thread be sure to include V-Max and the Honda V-4 family (Magna/Saber and the 4 calibers that they came in).

I clock in at 1 V-Max and 2 VF1100S.

Great story...probably many more like it.

I remember waaaay back from the PDP days and waiting over a long winter for my '04 to arrive. Anticipation didn't get the best of me but it was tough until spring arrived! Since that faithful day, I haven't been without an FJR!

Tell your BIL welcome to the collective. He won't be disappointed :)

--G

Man I was drinkin that FJR kool-ade before I even test rode one. I was lurking here and other places reading comments and reviews and knew It was going to be a great bike. I honestly think I would have bought the bike without a test ride I was so sold on all the great aspects of it.

I came from the ranks of Moto Guzzi. Put over 50k miles on two Norges. I did buy mine without a test ride. I like everything about the FJR better than the Goose. The only one thing where the Norge might excel was in physical appearance. You know those sexy Italians!

Wrong! There is a cure; to buy one and ride the crap out of it. Then when that one gets long in the tooth you buy another one. Rinse, and repeat.
I still vaguely remember the first day on my 1st FJR. Man, what a day that was.

A whole lot alike all the following days on FJRs.

Welcome to the addiction.

Rest my case.

No known cure.
grin.gif

I too was bitten by the bug, in late 05 I took a friend's FJR for a ride, three days later I returned his bike. A few months later I purchased my blue 06, after 128k miles of reg. Maintenance and tires I purchased my new 2015es love these bikes.

I missed the pre-payment for the '03 model by a week.

Put my $500 down for the '04 model and had to wait a year (before even seeing it in person-Just pic's).

It was a long year............

Stored a 1995 Concours in my garage for a close friend. At the time I still had my 1991 GL1500 Wing. Started looking over the Connie and riding it & I knew I didnt need the 900lb whale anymore! Put out a craigslist ad under barter trying to trade the Wing for a Concours. Guy contacts me with a mint 8000 mile 2004 FJR!

Met him halfway,switched bikes and I was convinced before I hit second gear!