NAFO 2016 Spotwalla Page

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
NAFO5 Spotwalla Viewing Page

Click the link below to watch your fellow forum members wind their way to, around and from Montrose during 2016's NAFO 5!

https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=343&p=fjrnafo5

NAFO5 Spotwalla Join Page

Those NAFO5 participants wanting to join the group Spotwalla will need to sign up for the page at the link below. Once you log into Spotwalla with your ID and password you will directed to join the NAFO5 Group Spotwalla. The password to join the group is:

fjrnafo5

The password is case sensitive. Here is the link to join the NAFO5 Group Spot:

https://spotwalla.com/join.php?a=a&id=343

The page will be active starting - 07/23/2016 and ending - 08/06/2016

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, maybe I will join your little spotwalla group if I can figure out how to turn mine on. I bought one last fall, activated it and threw it in the closet.
headbonk.gif

I'll play along, though I'm gonna use SWConnect on my iPhone instead of a SPOT. Seems that I remember seeing some instructions at Spotwalla for getting your position updates added onto a group page but I'll have to look to refresh....

Seems that I remember seeing some instructions at Spotwalla for getting your position updates added onto a group page but I'll have to look to refresh....
I wanna say that you have to reach out to the dude that runs SPOTwalla to get one setup. I think extrememarine and yamafitter got 'em set up for EOM and CFR, respectively.

Someone needs to email Jason at spotwalla and he will set it up. Spotwalla supports SWConnect and BubblerGPS as well as Spot devices. Jason has done a great job for us in the past. I would also note that there are no fees to use Spotwalla, but suggest that anyone who uses it regularly to donate in order to keep it that way.

I've done the group spotwalla pages - I'll walk you through it if you'd like to learn with setting up the one for NAFO. Once we have the URL from Justin, I can embed it and make it live on a subpage of the NAFO website.

Wayne

This thread can serve as a placeholder for a link to a group Spotwalla for the duration of NAFO. I can do my own personal Spotwalla and am planning on putting one up for my son as he tries to complete his first SS1000 during our trip. As for creating a group page I may need a little help but I know we have experts here that can help.

MNFJR05 and son will be tracked as MAS on the group Spot.

Time to join up folks! See post number 1 in this thread!

I'm in.

To clarify, I think I'm in. I joined the group and it shows up as an upcoming trip (using a 'droid with Bubbler GPS lite app).

Question: Is it supposed to be tagged "yes" under the Private field which is what my trip is labeled? I assume it wouldn't be a private track if it's a group trip.

So if all is hunky dory, I'm "216" . If not, please coach me on any corrections I need to make. Steve

It looks as if there are 4 users for that Spotwalla page: MNFJR05; pista; I think me (BaS); and mystery user. Would the mystery user, please, step forward?

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are fine BobCo. When the page was created they put the password on both the view and signup pages. The View Link above has the password embedded so folks can just click it to get to the page.

Abel and Jessica Stose are now joining the group. We'll be registered as AJS. I'm using the Bubbler GPS Lite app on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Hopefully this will all work!

Well, I 'might' be in - 27F. This was my first time joining a group page, and I am still getting used to my spot and spotwalla.

I'll be a few days into my journey to NAFO by the time this view page goes active. But it shall still capture my wonky ways of traveling.

See y'all there.

I think I'm in. Did what the internet asked, but did not see one of those comforting confirmation/affirmation messages: You're doing a wonderful and remarkable thing! Thank you for signing up!

You can see the map on the "Active/Future Location Pages", listed as NAFO 5. Looks like 10 "users" will be tracked. (So now I'm a "user"?) My track will be labeled "Hud" and will start from the NW corner of Atlanta's Perimeter Highway.