New Ride is a Keeper - 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CED55

Reaction score
With the deal worked out, the middle of last month (sorry for the delay in posting) I flew to Charlotte NC. to pick up the new ride. A 2011A with 6422 miles on the clock, trunk and YES. The salesman picked me up at the airport and three hours later I was on my way. First leg was a short 220 mile run to Lynchburg VA. As it was late in the day and I didn't want to be traveling unknown roads on a new bike in the dark I slabbed it up RT 29. After 3 days exploring the local area with my daughter it was time for the run home to north Maryland. On this leg I could take my time and enjoy the country side so I came north on 340. The weather was perfect - 59* when I hit the road topping out around 71* by early afternoon. It was 335 miles of near bliss. I have now accumulated 1000+ miles on it (would be more if the continuous rain cycle we are in would subside) and am ready to farkle a little. I'm thinkin Rifle, MV, and Bill Mayer or Russel. might be the ticket. With the miles adding up as I came up the road all of the comments that I have been reading on this forum came into focus. I'm grateful to have the new ride in the garage and to be a part of this community. looking forward to many miles of enjoyment and years of camaraderie.

Thanks

0ad27090-19be-4fa7-88b6-e0ac0449ac4f_zpsv2qdwa7e.jpg

image2_zpst0351cay.jpg

Congrats on your new ride. Sounds like you have already figured out how great these bikes are. Cheers!

That year's color was particularly pretty. Glad she got you home. She can just as easily carry you across the continent.