Black Hills and Montana

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyMike

Reaction score
I will be heading out to the Black Hills and then Montana beginning Saturday. I'm having to trailer my bike out so that my wife and her cousin will have a vehicle when they get to Bozeman on Wednesday. I'm stopping in Spearfish, SD for a few days to ride and then heading to Emigrant, MT where we stay. I will be bouncing all over the place for over a week while Steph and Faye head into Yellowstone. I'm going to Red Lodge, Cody, Jackson, Whitefish and anywhere else I feel like seeing. Maybe I'll see some of you on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take pics. Post pics. Be careful. Have fun.

Please.
smile.png

Spearfish Canyon and Vanocur Canyon (not sure about the spelling there) are great rides. In fact, the whole Black Hills area is awful purdy. And the very best entry into Yellowstone, IMO, is highway 14 from Cody to the East Gate of YNP. Gorgeous road. But on the way to Cody from the north, don't miss The Great Beartooth or Chief Joseph. So much to do!. Have fun. (BTW, the whole area is gorgeous, but the best motorcycling is outside the park--heavy traffic and low speeds.)

I rode that area last summer. The riding is some of the best in the country. If you have the time,don't forget Glacier National Park. If your into guns, the Cody Museum in Cody, Wyoming has one of the best displays in the country. Keep your camera ready for grizzly bear on the Bear Tooth Pass (rated as the #1 motorcycle road in the country). Have a great time !!!

I have been in the area before and have hit most of the spots mentioned. Big John, I will reach out. I think I have to be headed to Bozeman on WED.