In Honor of Cole/BigSky - Memorial Fund for Mrs. Big Sky

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
In honor of Cole/BigSky, I’d like to start a memorial fund for Marilyn/Mrs. BigSky. If there is anyone who would like to make a donation to this fund, you can Paypal to [email protected] (make sure you check that it's a personal exchange so they don't take any service fees out of it). If you don’t do Paypal and would like to send me a check, please PM me so I can send you my mailing address.

The plan is to present Marilyn with a check at the Red Lodge gathering for whatever funds are received. She would probably say to send the funds to the Ruby Valley Search & Rescue but, if we give it to her, the funds are there should she or their children need it or she can choose to make the donation to the organization herself.

Deadline for making a donation will be Monday, June 13, so I can do the necessary transfers/deposits and get the check made out to her and ready to bring to Red Lodge. I will keep a list of all those who donate for anyone’s reference. If you’d prefer to remain anonymous, let me know.

I know personally what big hearts my FJRforum friends have and appreciate any help you may be able to give.
wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, Tyler, thank you so much for doing this.

I think the biggest part of handing her the check in Red Lodge will not be the money, because I know that Cole was far too responsible to leave his life long soul mate hanging financially. I think the big thing will be in letting Marilyn and their family see tangibly how much a guy like Cole meant to so many of us. In her time of unfathomable grief, it has to be of some comfort to know how many souls he affected over the years.

I just ordered Motorcycling Idaho this morning directly from his web site, and included a short note to Marilyn in the order. Paypal donation is on the way.

Thanks again.

I think the biggest part of handing her the check in Red Lodge will not be the money, because I know that Cole was far too responsible to leave his life long soul mate hanging financially. I think the big thing will be in letting Marilyn and their family see tangibly how much a guy like Cole meant to so many of us. In her time of unfathomable grief, it has to be of some comfort to know how many souls he affected over the years.
Agreed. 110%.

Thanks Tyler, so very thoughtful of you to do this. I bought Coles Montana and Idaho books but I imagine Marilyn's financial benefit from that is very small. I will gladly take this opportunity to give directly to her.

BTW, I've only flipped through the Montana guide book very quickly and it looks fantastic. I cant wait to get a little deeper into it..

Attended Cole's memorial service in Butte today. There were 150-170 folks in attendance. Cole's family is very close and and large. Touching memorials presented by friends, coworkers, brothers, sisters, son, nephews, sister-in-laws and daughter-in-law. The handout provided included three quotes from the thread on this forum to show how Cole had an extended circle of friends on the motorcycle forums. All in all a very emotional event.

Thank you to everyone who has donated - we have a total of $700 so far.
cool.png

Nightshine

Michael M

BigJohnSD

WheatonFJR

SacMike

FredW

Rushes

Intech

Pterodactyl

JamesW

Drc32-0

FJReady

RedfishHunter

Marilyn, Mrs. BigSky, will be at the Saturday Night Red Lodge Rendezvous Steak Dinner.

I made the executive decision to invite her as our guest.

She is looking forward to meeting all of us.