GloveTacts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKLD

I miss Don. 😔
Reaction score
I saw these on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/GloveTacts-Touchscreen-Glove-Contacts-Size/dp/B019ERR6NI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463851648&sr=8-1&keywords=glovetacts+touchscreen+glove+contacts ), and after trying a touch sensitive glove or AnyGlove goop application, with limited results, I thought I would try these. The issue with the aforementioned efforts, was with selecting. I could swipe, but selecting an icon on the phone was next to impossible. Out of 50 attempts, I would maybe get lucky twice.

So after taking them out of the sleeve (peel & stick), I put them (comes as a pair) on the left thumb and index finger position. Just pressed them on and held for a few seconds. They appear to hold well, though real-world evaluations are in store for longevity. However, after picking up the Iphone, and giving it a try, I was shocked! It was though I didn't have the gloves on...they worked flawlessly! Finally, I can bring up weather radar, Google Maps, etc..without fiddling. This is just an initial observation, so take that into consideration. They come from LeatherUp for $13.95, but add $7.95 for shipping (ripoff), so you might have better results doing a search.

Sorry for the photo orientations, PB won't accept an attempt to change.

Is there an over-and-under on when the first one will un-stick itself? Seriously, I'm interested in a longevity report, since I have the same problem with my deerskin gloves. (Made from roadkill, so don't be getting upset that I'm an accessory to Bambi's murder. <--- Not really, it just sounded funny at the time.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hud, I too want to see how they hold up. Went for a ride last weekend, and they performed flawlessly! Touching the small "shuffle" bar, in Music, even worked on the first try. If they do start coming off, maybe Superglue would fix. I'm interested in seeing how they'll work in rain, and the longevity of their effectiveness. If I could get a year out of them, then they'd be worth it, IMO.

The drops and dots are too fragile. These look nice. My wiley-x pilots gloves are the only gloves I have that allow iphone control. I miss it on my others and am ordering this from Joe's link.

Another option is conductive thread which you can also buy online. I sewed a small patch into the fingertip, such that it is contact with my finger in the spot that feels natural when you press/point, and it works extremely well.

The only issue is potential weakening of that fingertip, but as I don't use my left fingertip to operate any control, it's not been an issue.

I sewed silver thread into my glove fingertips and that worked pretty good but those wear out over time. This product looks a lot more durable and is a heck of a lot easier to install
thumbup.gif

I just bought this stuff. You paint it on. It goes on like a rubber coating. Once dry it is flexible and seems to have soaked in to the leather. Works good and looks like it will last but we will see. It says its good for 30 pairs of gloves. I'm guessing thats just thumb and index finger. I only did the two fingers on each glove. Did 4 pairs so far. $19.95 on Amazon

037.JPG

038.JPG

If you look close you can see the conductive thread i sewed into the finger tips. That didn't work great but it was better than nothing.

041.JPG
042.JPG

043.JPG
044.JPG

Freshly applied goo. Don't get this stuff on your clothes or hands, its messy. It says you dry it with a heat source to use in 30 min or let it sit for 3 hours and its ready to use.

I left it over night and it looks like this when dry.

050.JPG

On my all black gloves i can't tell its on there at all.

Time will tell, but if it wears off in a couple years i can touch it up with another coat i suppose. I hope the bottle doesn't dry out in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a similar product (AnyGlove), without the results I was hoping for. Still wasn't consistent with icon/button selection. Ymmv.

Latest posts