Highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graler

Reaction score
For those that have installed Garauld highway pegs. The left side appears to be pretty straight forward and a 5 minute deal. On the right side do you have to remove the lower cowling or can you get enough clearance? Any tricks?

I don't recall having to pull the fairing when I put them on my '04. Seems like it just took a standard L hex wrench to do it

Thanks for the replies.

Do some thinking - this is always the part that gets me into trouble. The over thinking. I will proceed using an appropriate amount of persuasion.

I finally found some free time this evening and decided that I had put off the highway peg installation long enough. With a long tour (texas to Lake Superior - around the lake and back to Texas) coming up I want to make sure my wrenching is done with enough time to troubleshoot if I need to.

The left side is a walk in the park. The right side did take some thinking and some fairing bolt removals (bottom by the right peg). I also pulled the center screw just behind the front wheel (I am not sure that this needed to be done. There is a bit of pulling and verbal motivation required to move the fairing to get to the screw heads. My daughter came out to get something out of the fridge in the garage and was also put to work. The extra person made all of the difference in the world. Adult children are wonderful - they ask great questions and if you happen to drop a damn wrench or screw you can call it a damn wrench or a screw.

In the end no band aids were required. There were no left over parts.

I am wondering - has anyone ground off the little extension on the top of the pegs? I think these are the Krator pegs not the rivcos. Those little nubs seem like they might stick right in the middle of your foot. I have not ridden with them yet so I dont know.

Grayler, I'm the guy that you helped with the dimensions I needed for the locking pin for my new to me smuggler. I will never forget that. I would've chimed in on what you had to do on the right side peg but, it already got solved. Now, on grinding off those little extensions, that would be a big fat NO! Leave them alone. When you're on a long, long ride and you're tired, they come in real handy. They catch on to the treads on the sole of your boot and you don't have to keep them there by yourself. They will stay there all by themselves. As it is, the fairings make you have to go outboard of them and you barely catch the pegs. That extension makes life much easier. :)

any picture of them installed?
Yeah, any pics?
smile.png