SEO Ramble 2016/Camping with Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
I didn't take a lot of pictures in SEO and the only riding I did Saturday was in a taxi, I still had a blast. I was just happy to be done with the outage at work.

Things were looking a lot better at work and it appeared that the outage was going to be over before I took off.

20160504_192720_zpsevilb93g.jpg

We prepared the green '07 for it's first trip since the overhaul:

P1030188_zps6gfdbvgt.jpg

We had a great ride out on Friday. We only hit a little light rain. Saturdayat the Microtel was a different story:

20160514_103913_zpsjm7zz77a.jpg

Getting to see my hero Petey is always a treat! I took this one to send to Spanky

20160514_111304_zpsjzovyhtc.jpg

Definitely missed the Irishman. Don was treated well!

20160514_184023_zps0zqiif8a.jpg

So Saturday's ride was in a taxi over to the Marietta Brewing Co. Good company, food, and beer:

20160514_134513_zpswhmrypyt.jpg

20160514_142225_zpsktougzyp.jpg

20160514_140316_zpsdyao0zhs.jpg

Sunday was the first time I was able to ride with both my brothers. We had a nice, albeit cool, ride to WV. I took them to the New River Gorge, so we had to make a stop at Pies and Pints. It did not disappoint!

FB_IMG_1463333885509_zpsuadjn4rh.jpg

4376_zpsseyoqb6a.jpg

We made our way to the cabin in Watoga and hooked up with these two Cajuns. They immediately placed themselves in front of the fireplace.

P1030211_zpsad26uany.jpg

Shortly thereafter I presented Pants with the gift from Josh(CAV47). Here was his response. Yes. It was an empty bottle!

P1030203_zpsgygdtafx.jpg

It was 37 degrees when we got up on Monday. We got up and had coffee and bacon and eggs before heading out. The sun had come out and started warming things up nicely. Pants showed his appreciation.

IMG_1369_zps28hv8vvr.jpg

We stopped at Green Bank to check out the radio telescopes.

P1030190_zpscydz7myb.jpg

P1030191_zpsnywjzmuq.jpg

I think this was the moment that Pants was getting his instructions from the Martians.

P1030189_zpsmsftgkgy.jpg

We continued on and made a stop at Seneca Rocks.

P1030193_zps6vk8yige.jpg

P1030192_zps6nieytvl.jpg

We then continued to Smoke hole road. The water was flowing.

P1030200_zpsureqlzhx.jpg

P1030199_zpsx7m9c8uk.jpg

Pants was in his glory.

P1030197_zpszbfb5u4d.jpg

We continued from there to Cass where someone tried to take a ride.

P1030201_zpsoduzgwjo.jpg

P1030202_zpspdnifsoh.jpg

That's about all I got. It was great to meet and ride with Pants and Mike. It was like we already knew each other. That is about the best way to explain it. I can't wait to get down to Cajun country and take Pants up on his offer of hospitality.

Very nice Bob! :)

Glad you showed 'Pants some almost Easterly coast attractions. And I miss that Pies n Pints place... yummmm!

I'm still in shock that Bob finally posted pictures of something.
biggrin.png
Yeah, well 'fitter was finally able to give me a way to do it that works. No one seemed to want to talk about it in the thread that it was posted in.

I think that what really should shock you is that I stopped for photos in the first place!

You made a wise decision in going to Marietta Brewing! Tony, the owner, is an amazingly friendly guy and the food/beer/atmosphere is awesome!

I was completely shocked that Bob was regularly stopping for photos.... or letting someone else take photos. Nice meeting that Bob!!!!

1. We made our way to the cabin in Watoga and hooked up with these two Cajuns. They immediately placed themselves in front of the fireplace.
P1030211_zpsad26uany.jpg

2. It was 37 degrees when we got up on Monday. We got up and had coffee and bacon and eggs before heading out. The sun had come out and started warming things up nicely. Pants showed his appreciation.

IMG_1369_zps28hv8vvr.jpg

3. I think this was the moment that Pants was getting his instructions from the Martians.

P1030189_zpsmsftgkgy.jpg

4. We continued on and made a stop at Seneca Rocks.

P1030193_zps6vk8yige.jpg

P1030192_zps6nieytvl.jpg

5. We continued from there to Cass where someone tried to take a ride.

P1030201_zpsoduzgwjo.jpg

P1030202_zpspdnifsoh.jpg

That's about all I got. It was great to meet and ride with Pants and Mike. It was like we already knew each other. That is about the best way to explain it. I can't wait to get down to Cajun country and take Pants up on his offer of hospitality.
Great RR, really good pics.

I think perhaps I can help you "interpret" some of the things you see with 'Pants. I placed numbers at your pics for convenience.

1. It is pretty much summer in South Louisiana. Those guys are not used to the Cold North.

2. You should not have posted that. Those are the "Pants pics" we always leave out of the Ride Report.
weirdsmiley.gif

3. Uh, no. That was the moment when 'Pants thought he had to fart... But he made potty.

4. They are confused by those rocks. We don't have anything like that down here in Swampy Flatlandistan. Other than the levees on the rivers, no elevation changes at all.

5. Don't make fun of Pants wanting to ride the train. Remember he rides a 2014, EVERYTHING is fast and powerful compared to a 2014. That train was like a rocket compared to his slow bike.

Thanks for taking care of my friends, it looks like they had a great time. Maybe next time I will get the chance to meet you as well.

OMG!!!! Well done, Bob. Well done, indeed.

What a great time I had in West Virginia with my friends. They showed us everything we wanted to see and quite a bit more.

Thank you Bob for arranging all of this.

I'm working on my own ride report now.