Wrecks comes in threes?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieefjr

Genlll SS
Reaction score
Just read about an wfooshee's accident with a cardboard box and the near accident with dcarver and a Prius. Glad things were not more serious.

So, I might as well add my recent spill to the list.

I debated on selling my 05 earlier this year and gave up, sunk some more money into the ole beast and figured I'd keep it another year. That quickly changed last Tuesday.

Doing my usual tag hunting game I darted across a few counties for a new and exciting tag to post but on the way and near my destination I spotted some neat old trucks. I turned off the double yellow road onto a one lane'er where these trucks were parked on the corner.

As I passed I turned my head to look back at these trucks. When I turned back around I was at the edge of the road next to a drainage ditch and about 15' from an asphalt drive way with a drain pipe under it.

I looked for options while saying OH SIHT! I believe I was still saying that as I went over the handle bars and falling flat on my back in the middle of the road. I came out with only bruises, some in places I cannot imagine how they got there.

As for the ole beast, she's toast. Forks and a cracked wheel folded up against the radiator, only two pieces of plastic were not cracked. She is now stripped. My baby no more will be salvaged.

So pay attention guys, do some exercises like dcarver to learn what to do in case of emergencies and above all, don't add yourself too the list.

Before,

FJR_0697_2_zpshbg9yymm.jpg

After,

unnamed_zpsynsmxgbr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive got a K75 to hold me over until I can make room for hopefully a 2016.

Ouch for sure, glad you're no worse for the wear! Too bad about your '05...sharp looking bike.

Good luck with a '16!
punk.gif

--G

I would love to make a bike out of your and SacramentoMike's bike.

If I can talk you both in to donating them to my non profit...
smile.png

*edit* I'm sorry. I'm babbling...

Last edited by a moderator:
The same bad results can happen in the typical parking lot due to a momentary lapse of attention. How do I know? Damn near been there.

Glad metal and plastic were the only things seriously damaged. Hang in there and keep on keepin on.

That truly sucks. I've not seen a cleaner 95, ever.

Just learn from it... and then learn a bit more.

Really good to read you're ok.

All right! EVERYBODY!!!! CUT IT OUT!!!!!!!

We clear on that????

It's not supposed to be a challenge!!!!

But like others have said, here, in my thread, and in the Prius Bitches thread, glad the stories are able to be told by those directly involved!!!

Thank you for your comments and concern.

The K75c is a sweet little bike, does everything well except pull your arms out of socket.

I'll get a pic up tonight.

Damn that sucks! Glad you're okay and posting about it. Glad also that you have anther bike. Almost bought a K75 when they first came out.