Garauld's Excellent workmanship

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve'o'

Reaction score
Just received my back rest from Gary "Garauld" and just letting any new forum members know, if you need anything that he might make, get it from him, you will not be disappointed. We are very lucky to have access to a gentleman like this on the forum. His workmanship is second to none.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kudos... I try to make fellow riders happy.
blush.png

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="garauld" data-cid="1314338" data-time="1464555796"><p>

Nope, but if you send me a PM, I'll forward you some spec sheets. Be sure to mention your model year and location to calc shipping costs. Thanks.</p></blockquote>

Sent

++1 for Gary's work. Just installed highway pegs on my 2010 FJR and they are sweet. Got a hydration system also, but have gotten it installed yet. Thanks Gary.

Alan Hinman

2010 FJR

Amargosa Valley, Nv.

I caught a tool chest with my right saddlebag today at D&H pulling out of the garage to go along on the 2016 test ride. Well, it was a bad gash. I might be talking to Gerald soon...again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary,

Sorry as am new to this forum but have read quite a few testimonials of your work on here....I have a blue 2012 ABS unit. Would like a backrest for my wife. Being able to install and take off would be nice. Sorry for being so new....but any help or pics would be nice.

David

I replaced a top box with Garauld's back rest and rack. Along with a stiffy kit, I was able to carry 2 dry bags of clothing on the rack. Workmanship on all of the items from Garauld has been top notch.

By going with that set up, there was a lot more room for my wife riding pillion. It worked on our 4100 mile trip. Gary, nice designs. Thanks.

BobCo....We too are seriously thinking of getting that setup from Gary, How was the backrest as far as your wife having to lean back or "find" the rest. My wife has a few back issues and having to lean too far back wouldn't be healthy for her. Thanks

David

David - if the standard angle bothered her, you could tweak the angle a little by adding flat washer(s) under the base. I could adjust it later if a major change was needed.

Received my BR from Gary today, excellent workmanship! Easy install, wife loves her new support. Gary is the man...I vouch for his quick response and work ethic.

I just had some paint work done by Gary and could not be more pleased. I had a bad day a couple of months ago when another rider got off and knocked my bike over on the right side, and then I tipped it on the left in some deep gravel.....all within hours. I sent my dinged up bag lids and the upper right fairing off and Gary fixed, painted and returned them with lightning speed. Glad I caught him when he was not swamped!

Oh......and he even sent me the right pop rivets to put my bag lids back on the hinges.....so how cool is that??