E C U Mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbluefjr

Reaction score
hello everyone

first I want to thank everyone on here for the excellent information on these nice motorcycles that we all own.

I have a 2012 fjr 1300 that now has about 8000 miles, when I bought it new in 2012 I found that the low speed jerkiness was

something to get used to until I read about a barbarian mod that allows you to change each cylinder air fuel mix. I did that at

about 3000 miles and adjusted the numbers up by the recommended 7 points. I since changed it to +5 points and like that setting better. it really made it smoother at the slower maneuvering speeds and seems to run better overall.

my question is has anyone else done this mod and got good results or bad, and did you restore it to normal or find that sweet spot?

I am only curious to see if anyone else liked this mod and maybe make it aware to others that have not tried it.

thanks

leo

If you think the jerkiness on a '12 was bad, you should be glad you didn't buy an '07. And yes, I thought the Barbarian Mod helped. IIRC I bumped mine up a bunch then backed off to +4 or 5 but I'd have to look. But seriously-- 8000 miles in 4 yrs? Really? You prolly just need to ride it more, the gas is getting stale.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^^^^ +1. Ever notice that no matter what a bike manufacturer does to cure an issue, someone will come along to bitch about that issue...even when it's not really an issue.