Questions for darksiders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHS

Reaction score
OK, this is not to rehash the argument or debate between MC and Car tires, but to ask some questions for those that have turned.

First, what tire are you using and/or what do you recommend, size and psi would be appreciated, and why?

Second, does this make a difference with the front? Or should I just plan on using a Pilot Road 4 or Pirelli Angel GT spec A?

Third, how happy are you with your decision? I mean overall have you noticed any issues, would you do it again, what too watch out for, that kind of stuff.

Fourth, any advise or information regarding the darkside would be appreciated.

A quick little note about me. I love to ride and usually will go 2-300 a day on any given weekend just for fun. I have put on around 4000 so far this spring and haven't taken a trip yet. I also like to camp when I can get the time and planning a run to Alaska next year. I am a fast rider, but certainly no GP guy... Although I do really enjoy the twisties, I have yet to scrape pegs... close, but I am no ricky racer.

Again, I am not looking at debating the merits pro or con, but specifically about using a car tire from those who have switched.

Thanks!

WHS

Actually Fred, I did look at that... But I had a hard time trying to decipher through the 206 responses for answers to my questions and thought I would start a simple thread to get them... And as far as not being "technical", not sure why it isn't? Bottom line, just trying to get some answers to my questions and thought I would start here... But thanks for the reply anyhow.

Thanks Fred for trying....

It's a 206 page/10,000+ post thread in NEPRT for a reason. Use the EXISTING thread newbie.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.