Lemon Pledge and your plastics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking. I want to clean and polish before a long trip, and I figured I'd do my visor too but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't haze over or otherwise do anything other than make me smell lemons.

Just checking. I want to clean and polish before a long trip, and I figured I'd do my visor too but I wanted to make sure it wouldn't haze over or otherwise do anything other than make me smell lemons.
I use pledge on windscreen but stick to plexus on helmet/face shield. Just my habits.

I've not heard of the Lemon Pledge thing...I must be really far out of the loop. I use Meguiars Quick detail on mine and use some kind of spray my eye doctor gave me for my glasses on my face shield.

Pledge works great. On the visor, it takes a good bit of rubbing to get rid of the haze, so you only want to apply it after making sure it's clean.

I use this on everything. the bike, the windshield, helmet visor.

nextdimensionoriginalbikespiritsspraycleanerpolish14oz.jpg

So I normally clean my windshield with the disinfectant hospital wipes. They do a fantastic job of dissolving dead bugs. Lookin for a little more water shedding.. and the pledge should do that. That's my plan anyway

Just another opinion that's worth what it costs. I've been using Pledge on mine and customers bikes and boats for 20+ years with no issues. That said there are lots of good products on the market but I get the pledge at Wally World or Costco cheaper than any of the motorcycle specific products. Maybe they are all the same with different scent added.

Many dealerships use pledge.

I use it occasionally.

But I would stay away from Lemon scent.

Bee's are attracted to that scent.

Pledge works great. On the visor, it takes a good bit of rubbing to get rid of the haze, so you only want to apply it after making sure it's clean.
I've never experienced this. A quick spray and a few wipes, and it's all gone. No issues at all.

If you really want to see what bees are attracted to, let the dead bugs build up on your bike ! On my first 10/10ths ride (48++ ride) I was advised to let the bugs build up... It is a "Badge of honor" to roll into Hyder, AK with them still on. I stopped for a break after leaving Mexico and walked back to my cycle to find it covered with bees. First I thought they were after my chewy honey granola bars... Nope, it was the bug guts.

Was out in the garage looking everything over, getting ready for Montana when I saw my dirty boots. After all the talk about pledge (I use it regularly on my windshield) I thought what the hell, lets try it on the boots too. Cleaned them right up!

Pledge in the white can is supposed to be the best. I could never get excited about it.

I have given that up in favor of Novus. A lot less buff time and water beads up and rolls off in record time

Pledge in the white can is supposed to be the best. I could never get excited about it.
I have given that up in favor of Novus. A lot less buff time and water beads up and rolls off in record time
Isn't Norm in charge of the buff time?? :) :) :) :)