After wanting one for 3 years..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erci

Reaction score
Finally picked up a 2015 on Saturday. Ride home was 150 miles.. so darn relaxing I nearly do dozed off (not really, but you know what I mean!)

Was originally planning to sell my other ride, but I think I'm going to have to hang on to it.. it's so much lighter/faster/cheaper/etc..
smile.png

Now I just need to prioritize the upgrades!

1_zpsqh2trzcr.jpg

tight_zps98sybazf.jpg

Dude! Nice..

I have an '07 FZ1, fully mod'd (Yosh full system, Ivan's flash, Penske, AK20s, much more) and also an '01 with similar mods but set up for touring. Just got an '08 FJR a couple of weeks ago and am in love!

Dude! Nice..
I have an '07 FZ1, fully mod'd (Yosh full system, Ivan's flash, Penske, AK20s, much more) and also an '01 with similar mods but set up for touring. Just got an '08 FJR a couple of weeks ago and am in love!
Sweet! My FZ1 was set up for touring (Puig touring screen, Givi V35 sides, V46 top, highway pegs). Now that I have the FJR, FZ1 went back to mostly stock, except for scorpion exhaust, high flow air filter and shorai battery.. I forgot just how quick and light that bike can be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new FJR! You should really love it more, the more you ride it.

Don't forget to change your profile, to reflect your new ride. :dirol:

Sweet! I know about wanting a certain bike... I've had my eye on the FJR since about 2004. After house, marriage, a kid, more kids (twins), and a bigger house I finally was able to pull the trigger last year after owning a Bandit 1200 for 15 yrs.

Let the modding begin!

Sweet! I know about wanting a certain bike... I've had my eye on the FJR since about 2004. After house, marriage, a kid, more kids (twins), and a bigger house I finally was able to pull the trigger last year after owning a Bandit 1200 for 15 yrs.
Let the modding begin!
Yup! So far got levers, tank protection kit and Givi top rack on the way. Going to need seats before any real touring (this bike, ironically, may have THE most uncomfortable stuck seat I've ever tried!).. slightly taller screen will be happening in the future too.

I went a different way - older bike (08) but with many touring-oriented mods already installed (per my sig, along with many more).. I love farkling but prefer riding, and I plan to do a lot more of it!

Another dual FZ/FJR owner. Love both bikes for what the offer.

My FZ is well suited too with performance mods and does great at the track. Both are amazing bikes.

So glad to hear you like the FJR. I jumped from an R1 to the FJR and have never looked back.

Thanks!!

Funny story: until I bought the FJR I only had a chance to demo ride it.. which was enough for me to fall in love with it. I've seen taken it out on proper twisty roads and was blown away by how well it handles! So well, in fact, that I felt it deemed my FZ1 redundant!

Sold the FZ1.. down to just the FJR .... for now!

Thanks!!Funny story: until I bought the FJR I only had a chance to demo ride it.. which was enough for me to fall in love with it. I've seen taken it out on proper twisty roads and was blown away by how well it handles! So well, in fact, that I felt it deemed my FZ1 redundant!

Good deal. I had a lot of track days on my R1 and wrung her neck as often as I could. However, on country backroads, i.e. public roads, it wasn't possible to ride it like it was designed. I still rode fast, but not track day fast. The FJR lets me ride just as fast and hard, all while doing so in comfort. I was talking to a State Highway Patrolman a while ago while getting gas. He complimented me on the FJR and then said "You want to know a secret?" I said "Sure." He pointed to my bike, and the saddlebags in particular, and said "Bikes like yours aren't even on our radar. You could fly past me and I doubt I'd even notice. Do that on a crotch rocket (his word, not mine) and I'm lighting you up every time!"

We chatted a bit more and he wished me well and told me to ride safe. That's what I love about the FJR (and sprot touring bikes in general); you can ride them like sportbikes, but not really raise the eyebrows of Johnny Law.

Congrats again on the FJR.

Thanks!!Funny story: until I bought the FJR I only had a chance to demo ride it.. which was enough for me to fall in love with it. I've seen taken it out on proper twisty roads and was blown away by how well it handles! So well, in fact, that I felt it deemed my FZ1 redundant!

Good deal. I had a lot of track days on my R1 and wrung her neck as often as I could. However, on country backroads, i.e. public roads, it wasn't possible to ride it like it was designed. I still rode fast, but not track day fast. The FJR lets me ride just as fast and hard, all while doing so in comfort. I was talking to a State Highway Patrolman a while ago while getting gas. He complimented me on the FJR and then said "You want to know a secret?" I said "Sure." He pointed to my bike, and the saddlebags in particular, and said "Bikes like yours aren't even on our radar. You could fly past me and I doubt I'd even notice. Do that on a crotch rocket (his word, not mine) and I'm lighting you up every time!"

We chatted a bit more and he wished me well and told me to ride safe. That's what I love about the FJR (and sprot touring bikes in general); you can ride them like sportbikes, but not really raise the eyebrows of Johnny Law.

Congrats again on the FJR.
Very cool! And yes.. I noticed that about bikes with hard cases.. really helps. I had R6 for track use.. would never want to ride it on the street. TORTURE lol