2004 FJR side panel: US vs Euro spec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
I have been having trouble over the past year finding a left side panel for my 2004 FJR. A LOT of trouble. Anywho, I finally came across one a couple weeks ago in England and purchased it. Reasonably priced, and It was here in a week.

Interestingly, the foam they glue on the inside of the panel is completely different than many US spec one's I have seen. US spec: one foam block glued on. Euro spec: foam everywhere.

Why?

Take a gander:

20160613_174523_zpsylpwonea.jpg

It's curious, I don't remember in my 2007 they are foam everywhere. I will check this evening.
Moreover, like almost all of the customers complained rebounded warm decor on 2001/2002, from 2003 YMC may be revisited these parts. I inquire in the day

Quick response from a friend who worked at yam, this piece was changed with the addition of moss on models with ABS. And actually, when you look at the references, this is not the same with or without ABS. Therefore the 2004 without ABS has the same fairing as 2001, but with ABS, there are these termical protections and more. And it is not only in Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Scooter. Interested in a 2004 abs. Canadian model with 76,000 miles? Mint shape.

Quick response from a friend who worked at yam, this piece was changed with the addition of moss on models with ABS. And actually, when you look at the references, this is not the same with or without ABS. Therefore the 2004 without ABS has the same fairing as 2001, but with ABS, there are these termical protections and more. And it is not only in Europe.
Are you saying non-ABS models have a lot of foam, and ABS models don't? I'm thinking that's what you're saying because the 01 I had a few years ago had a lot of foam in the panels.

Latest posts