Update on black bike week in Myrtle Beach

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowcountry Joe

Reaction score
Read an article this morning where Myrtle Beach Police, in cooperation with other state law enforcement agencies, retrieved 55 STOLEN bikes from attendees of the 2016 Atlantic Beach Bikefest (more commonly known as black bike week). Police would roam parking lots and enter VINs to see if the bikes were in the stolen vehicle data files. (makes you wonder how many they didn't get to check that were likely stolen).

Also, several bikes with the serial numbers ground off the motors were confiscated. Those owners could get their bikes back, for payment of a $1500 impound fee, but without the motor.
smile.png
Dang, no motor.

Since these idiots shoot and stab each other all the time, the city had about 5 cops on every corner and imposed several one way only routes. In addition, there was a 20+ mile one way loop activated at 10PM each evening to keep them from concentrating and gathering in one area and commence shooting and stabbing each other again.

They complain about being bullied and discriminated against by the police. They complain about "too many laws". Funny, when all the Harley guys are here, there are no problems, nobody is shot or stabbed, thus little need for police presence. Guess it has something to do with being a decent citizen and obeying the law or something.

You just can't make this shit up.

Confiscating stolen bikes out of the parking lots is OK, but if they don't find and arrest the people who stole the bikes the miscreants will just go out and steal another one. It is not much more than an inconvenience for the thieves.

Read an article this morning where Myrtle Beach Police, in cooperation with other state law enforcement agencies, retrieved 55 STOLEN bikes from attendees of the 2016 Atlantic Beach Bikefest (more commonly known as black bike week). Police would roam parking lots and enter VINs to see if the bikes were in the stolen vehicle data files. (makes you wonder how many they didn't get to check that were likely stolen).
Also, several bikes with the serial numbers ground off the motors were confiscated. Those owners could get their bikes back, for payment of a $1500 impound fee, but without the motor. :) Dang, no motor.

Since these idiots shoot and stab each other all the time, the city had about 5 cops on every corner and imposed several one way only routes. In addition, there was a 20+ mile one way loop activated at 10PM each evening to keep them from concentrating and gathering in one area and commence shooting and stabbing each other again.

They complain about being bullied and discriminated against by the police. They complain about "too many laws". Funny, when all the Harley guys are here, there are no problems, nobody is shot or stabbed, thus little need for police presence. Guess it has something to do with being a decent citizen and obeying the law or something.

You just can't make this shit up.
My son is moving south with his bride soon. Wants to live near MB, and work as a police officer.

Wow
It's amazing what the admins jump on and what they don't.
If you notice, everyone has been behaving so far. If we get foolish, the admins will act appropriately I am sure.

Back on topic, my '15 is Gray (or for my English friend mcatrophy, Grey) so I am not sure if it would be welcome or not.

I despise large gatherings of bikes no matter what color the bikes are so I will not have to worry about this in any case. Fun to watch on YouTube, no fun in person.

WowIt's amazing what the admins jump on and what they don't.
Back on topic, my '15 is Gray (or for my English friend mcatrophy, Grey) so I am not sure if it would be welcome or not..
I think the English refer to your bike colour as "ASSFAULT". See what I did there with adding back in the "u" like Yammafitter told me!

Your welcome ole chap! You may now attend the black bike week!

The stolen bikes is no surprise. They do the same thing in Daytona each year. I ran into the "inspectors" near Main Street one year and they had found a HD that was stolen 35 years before in Daytona. He said they will typically find a couple hundred stolen bikes each year at Daytona Bikeweek. The numbers are not that bad considering how many people attend the events.

Wow
It's amazing what the admins jump on and what they don't.
Not sure your meaning.

All I reported in my post was facts from a published news article. If you watch the video that was posted by Stose, it won't take you long to see the inappropriate public behavior that is common for this gathering of "enthusiasts" (98% of which trailer their bikes to the rally).

The Governor of SC, due to the shootings, stabbings, injuries and deaths, sternly demanded that Atlantic Beach (about 4 blocks wide and historically a "black" beach destination) terminate this gathering. Atlantic Beach snubbed the Governor's request.....why? Because they have run their town into bankruptcy and otherwise don't give a shit.

This rally is not an organized event, has no coordination apart from what law enforcement dictates, and it is not wanted by the general community. And why is that you might ask? Not because the participants are 99% black, but because of the way they act, their disrespect, their incivility, their loutishness, rudeness, misbehavior, and plain out lawless attitudes and activities. Would you want this gathering in your community for a week? If so, the you had better have enough money in your towns budget to source about 600 additional law enforcement officers to keep things under control.

Businesses have closed routinely during this week. Why is that you might ask? Because some of these "visitors" go into a restaurant, order and eat and drink, and walk out without paying. I've spoken to several wait-staffers that say, even if they do pay the bill, they will not tip at all, regardless of how well service was provided.

So there you have it. A racially charged bomb that can explode at any moment during Memorial Day weekend at the beach. Nice, eh?

Lol.....it is funny that I suppose if you're not from SC then you would be uncomfortable with this thread. It's common knowledge though for the locals that everything Lowcountry Joe says is true. It's also billed as "Black Bike Week" on the news in the flyers etc etc. I have several black friends that are motorcyclists that wouldn't be caught dead at this event though because of all the "goings on". Sadly most of the miscreants are not local to SC but come from elsewhere.