Denver to Western parts unknown

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burns1

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This may be in the wrong location so Mods please feel free to move.

I'm planning to get out of the Denver area at 0-darkThirty tomorrow, headed to SLC and picking up a riding buddy. From there the plan is to ride across Hot As Hell Nevada to Southern Oregon for a wedding. Once that's all done with we'll pick up another 4-5 riders and probably head West to the coast and then North. I anticipate we will split up at that point and a couple of us will head East to Idaho. Then we will likely point the steeds in a Southerly direction and head towards home.

I think everything should be good, but of course now every little noise from the bike is making me nervous as hell. Wish me luck. I'll try to get some pictures and maybe even do some sort of a ride report. Two weeks on the road is just what I need right now.

Burns1

I remember when Iggy was in his first(?) IBARally ride. About 10 days in and a bizllion miles when he started to hear weird shit from his FJR. Warchild assured him "it's a Yamaha dude and nothing is wrong, just ride it".

Have fun, twist the wrist every chance you get it. The bike and you will like it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
3570 miles, 17 days, 7 states, a handful of colorful characters met on the road, immeasurable laughs and countless smiles later, I am home. Safe and sound.

I"m terrible at ride reports, but later this week I may try to put something together. I've still got to get my pictures out of the camera and phone.

All in all it was a great trip! As on any trip there were highs and lows, but I'd go do it again in a heartbeat!

Burns1