National (USA) Ride-to-Work day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Data

Reaction score
Today, Monday June 20, is national ride-to-work day, and that normally guarantees really bad weather, but for once it was nice and I made the 35 mile commute on the bike. Apparently no one else in my area got the memo- because I saw only one other motorcycle on the forty minute ride, and three or four is normal on most days. Perhaps most riders are oppositional-defiant ?

Anyone else want to share experiences ? Ride-to-Work day just not a big deal ?

If'n I had a job, I'd ride to it today!
sleep.png

I rode to work today, nothing new about that. People at work think I don't own a car.

I was aware of it. Just didn't know today was the day!
Yes, me too, because it's pretty irrelevant to the way I ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
ride to work day? original...

We haven't this in France... maybe it's beacause we are 15-20 people to go to work each day with bike for 100 people...

But I like the idee

I ride to work as much as is reasonable and practical, but given my office hours and reluctance to ride in the dark ( too many forest rats ) my ride to work season is roughly April 20 thru August 20. I wonder if the national effort to have an official "Ride-to-Work" day, on or near the longest day of the year, has much impact anywhere- because it never seems to be even noticeable where I live.

We usually get 8-12 extra bikes in the parking garage on RTW day. Facility staff cone off spaces so they can all park together. I ride unless I absolutely have to take a work car or my truck to the office, preferring to change over vehicles there when necessary. I'm working out of NOLA this week, so the FJR that's present 19 out of 20 weekdays year round (when I'm in the office) is absent today.

I ride to work most days unless weather is really crappy or I have to take my truck to pick up or deliver something. Forgot today was the official day. Today actually makes 28 consecutive riding days for me, I've been noting it on my calendar.

I took the car once since january The second will be this thursday, to carrying some stuff.
As long as there is no ice, it's always RTW day.

ho, indeed, thank you for the article.
In France, the only motorcycle newspaper that spoke, it was to say that the English, and North America did. All journalists do not have the same information. But it's a good thing if this day spreads. And next year, the post will be renamed International Ride to work day :)

So every world have a good Ride To Work Day

Rode in this morning after having re-installed my "summer" windscreen (the stock screen); forgot just how much air flowed with it...I was almost cold. :D

I'll ride to work most days unless the weather is total crap or the heat/humidity is just too oppressive.