MC Enterprises USA Canyon Cages/Side Bag Guard -Possible Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stose85

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've seen a few posts concerning the new Canyon Cages that are out for Gen I, II, and III's. I've sent an email to the sales department at MC Enterprises USA and asked them about a group buy opportunity. They are closed on Friday, so hopefully I will find something out next week.

The least expensive retailer I could find was selling the pair for just under $400 on a Gen II. I wanted to know how many people would be interested in going in on a group buy, and I would coordinate with the sales department. I've also asked about turn around time and shipping options for the product.

If you are interested please mark what generation of FJR you have, and if you would like the canyon cages, saddlebag guards, or both.

Here's a link to the MC website:

https://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/products/search/dsp_searchForm.cfm

These are by far my favorite option as they are concealed and offer more protection than a set of sliders.

Links to the saddlebag guard and canyon cages from amazon for GEN II below

https://www.amazon.com/MC-Enterprises-Canyon-Fairing-Protectors/dp/B018RQN35M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466796993&sr=8-2&keywords=MC+Enterprises+1200-400

https://www.amazon.com/MC-Enterprises-Side-Bag-Guards/dp/B0068EVJZC/ref=pd_bxgy_468_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NGANKD7GH6ABDPA5PNN

As soon as I get a reply message I will update everyone with prices and shipping and we will see if this is a viable option versus going through Amazon or other online retailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking of some myself and would be interested if the price is right.

Gen 1

Still waiting on a response from the sales team. I'll let you guys know either way as soon as possible.

I'm in for a set of Gen I front only maybe rear as well if price is right

Ok so I didn't receive and correspondence back via email so I called MC Enterprises a few minutes ago. The office staff advised that they did a group buy several years ago and they would be interested in another one. I am waiting to hear back from Ryan Nichols who knows the most about the products and whether or not different generations can be lumped all together in one purchase. Each order will be shipped separately to the product buyer.

The rough numbers look something like this:

5% for 10-14 orders = approximately $20

10% for 15-20 orders = approximately $39.50

and so on.....

If I don't hear back from Ryan today, I will hear something back from them next week.

I received a reply back from Ryan today and he will get back to me on Monday concerning our discounts. Spread the word people! Anyone with an FJR is welcome to buy-in.

Too late for me as I already ordered a set. They showed up last week. I won't have time to install mine as I'm leaving for a week on the bike this Friday. I wish there was a video link on the install of these. Does anybody know if one exists?

Thanks

Too late for me as I already ordered a set. They showed up last week. I won't have time to install mine as I'm leaving for a week on the bike this Friday. I wish there was a video link on the install of these. Does anybody know if one exists?Thanks
Here's the rear installation on a GEN II

Thanks for that link. I was thinking about getting the rear crash bars and likely will at some point.

The written instructions for the front bars first state to remove the sliders on the bike. I'm not sure what these are unless they're the small post-like extensions I've seen in some pictures of some bikes sticking out on both sides to prevent damage in case the bike goes down. My FJR doesn't have these if that's what they are.

Thanks for that link. I was thinking about getting the rear crash bars and likely will at some point.The written instructions for the front bars first state to remove the sliders on the bike. I'm not sure what these are unless they're the small post-like extensions I've seen in some pictures of some bikes sticking out on both sides to prevent damage in case the bike goes down. My FJR doesn't have these if that's what they are.
I would guess those are the main bolts that go directly into the frame. You can get an idea from this photo:

13606592_1376512365708543_2993770278559201969_n.jpg

If all else fails I've had good luck with MC Enterprises over the phone, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help with installation.

You may also have to remove or partially remove the panel but that's just a guess.

Alright everyone I'm sorry to say that the group buy doesn't look like its going to be a deal for us. I'm posting the email from Ryan concerning the group buy, but after reviewing the price that we can purchase the set on Amazon, we would be better off going that route. The maximum discount that would be allowed would be 10% of MSRP. We can get 20% off by going through Amazon (with free shipping). MC Enterprises has been very helpful throughout this process, and I understand their need to make a profit. No harm in trying to make this work out. If you guys have any suggestions or questions please let me know.

Abel,
Okay, we've hammered out the details of the Group Buy a bit more. Because you only have 10 participants so far, we're thinking that each member should be required to buy the front and rear guards (of whichever generation they need) to qualify for the Group Buy discount. We're willing to offer a 5% discount for quantities of 1-4 and 10% for 5-10 for any one specific generation. So, if you have 6 people for the Gen. 1, everyone purchasing the Gen. 1 guards will get 10% off. However, if you only have 3 for the Gen. 2, then those 3 people get 5% off. I understand doing it this way isn't completely fair but the fact is that it's cheaper for us to make parts in higher quantities and that's where the discount is coming from. So, with your current quantities, every Gen. would qualify for the 5% discount but if you got 1 more person for the Gen. 1, then everyone purchasing the Gen. 1 guards would qualify for the 10% discount. How does that sound to you?
You can tell everyone that wants to participate that they can simply call us directly to place their order for the guards. Also, be sure to tell them that they do NOT need to pay for the guards when they call, they pay for the guards when the Group Buy has ended and we're actually ready to ship their guards out. So, people can call now to place their order (and give me their name, address, phone number, and what gen. they have) but opt for me to call them when their order is ready to ship so they can supply their payment information at that time. All orders must be in by 4pm PST, Monday, August 8th. That gives you a few weeks to accumulate more orders and get the word out. When people call to place their order, tell them to be sure to mention that they're part of the FJR Group Buy or they won't be added to the list and we'll assume they're just a normal customer.
Here is the pricing laid out for you:
Gen. 1:Normal MSRP - $425.001-4, 5% Off - $403.755-10, 10% Off - $382.50
Gen. 2 & 3:Normal MSRP - $490.001-4, 5% Off - $465.505-10, 10% Off - $441.00Ryan Nichols
MCE