Visited with Grumpy today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Just a quick note to those of you who remember Grumpy. Had the privilege of visiting with he and Snow White both today. They are doing well. Grumpy is working hard to regain motion in both legs, and as he himself put it, Snow White is the driving force that keeps him motivated.

I'm sure he misses us all almost as much as we miss him. He doesn't venture out very far from home. He said roughly an hour is as far as he's gone thus far. So he probably won't be making a surprise appearance at EOM. But if we did an event near Asheville sometime, I bet he could be coaxed out.

Grumpy gets around pretty darn good in his specially modified minivan, and yes, he drives just as fast as ever.

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff thanks for the up-date, never meet him but knew of him thru you.

Keep trying Grumpy!

I live in SC now, so it would be possible to visit on a day ride...I forget where Grumpy lives.

If he's ever up for an FJR group "ride to harass". I'd be up for leading a group of miscreants over to harass him. I don't know Grumpy too much, just met briefly at EOM 2007 I believe...but sure would be up to visit him and Snow White.

Hope he's still playing his musical instrument. If not, I understand.

Thanks for the update Jeff!

Thank you for the update Jeff. I do remember Grumpy very well and think about him once in a while. It is good to hear that he is improving.

Wow, last time I saw him was either EOM in Johnson City, or one of Wheatie's camp trip. He and SW were telling me about the crash they had in heavy rain outside of Chama NM, just a year or two before. Thus was right before his last crash.

Hi Jeff, glad to hear that Jim's doing well. Thanks for the update. I'll never forget that time that the 3 of us were riding together around Boone, we stopped in a parking lot & he & I almost went down like dominos. Those were the days.