Red Lodge home safe thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRegs

Reaction score
Left at 0500 MT with the last of the nighttime fading away, and arrived home at 2115 CT. Long shower, my own bed and some ibuprofen ought to help a lot.

Big John, this was another epic event! THANKS for all the effort put into it. What a great group!

BigJohn, BigOgre, Cav47 ZZZZip, and Tango Sierra are back in Spearfish. Great ride, 14A, and US 212 after a visit to the Little Big Horn battlefield on the 140th anniversary of Custer's demise. Sitting west of Spearfish now, just finished our ice cream, now drinking Irish Whiskey and watching the Forest Fire West of town.

Audiowize and I left at 05:30A and had a event free run dropping him in the Coeur D'Alene area and me [planning] to continue to metro Seattle. Huge back-ups on I-90 west bound, Snoqualmie Pass derailed my plans so...after splitting sharing lanes for about six miles in 90F heat, I gave up and got a room in Ellensburg. Blast home first thing in the AM.

Great to see familiar faces and meet new folks! Thanks for all the hard work John, looking forward to the next one.

--G

Audiowize and I left at 05:30A and had a event free run dropping him in the Coeur D'Alene area and me [planning] to continue to metro Seattle. Huge back-ups on I-90 west bound, Snoqualmie Pass derailed my plans so...after splitting sharing lanes for about six miles in 90F heat, I gave up and got a room in Ellensburg. Blast home first thing in the AM.
Great to see familiar faces and meet new folks! Thanks for all the hard work John, looking forward to the next one.
--GHIGHEST IMPACT

31.gif

I-90 Westbound - I-90 Snoqualmie Pass westbound traffic continues to be delayed due to high weekend traffic volume and earlier collisions on Snoqualmie Pass. Travelers are experiencing approximately 14 miles of backup and 90 minutes or more of added travel time.Last Updated: 6/26/2016 8:03 PM

At milepost 95 More

Sleep tight George. Fun ride in the morning! Leave early.......

That traffic bullshit between Fort Collins and somewhere South of Denver added an hour to my trip. A car crash would have made it worse. I lane shared like a mo-fo. Haha...Way too impatient when I have the ability to just go. Haha...

We made it home safe and sound around 10:30 after a grueling ride home in the Tundra with the bikes in tow in the mobile garage. Deb rested in the back seat and Jordan and I took turns driving and napping all the way home.
rolleyes.gif

Home safe, went north to Helena, then on to Kalispell. Avoiding the slab. Half hour delay east of Kalispell. Someone wrecked a goldwing towing a bushtec. Ambulance went by, hope all turns out well,plastic bits every where and bike still on the road. Headed south to Sandpoint. At that point only 4 hours home, perfect riding weather so I pressed on. 13.5 hours 850 miles, god I love this machine.

Mcrider007 and xfile home at noon today after riding US12 over Lolo Pass in 90 degree temps. Wished I had packed the cooling vest.

The Pterodactyls arrived home Sunday afternoon and were soon followed by Marty, Lisa and Marie. Expect Lisa and Marty back tonight after a run thru Glacier.

Thanks to BigJohn for your efforts that made the weekend great.

Thanks to Tyler for your efforts in providing Marilyn with a generous gift.

Thanks to the many of you guys who made sure I was not the most disgusting looking guy at the event. Your "efforts" put me solidly in the middle of the pack.

BigJohn, BigOgre, Cav47 ZZZZip, and Tango Sierra are back in Spearfish. Great ride, 14A, and US 212 after a visit to the Little Big Horn battlefield on the 140th anniversary of Custer's demise. Sitting west of Spearfish now, just finished our ice cream, now drinking Irish Whiskey and watching the Forest Fire West of town.
I watched with awe on spotwalla. (from home after my short trip home.)

Great time meeting a large group of really nice people.

Made it home early this afternoon. Had a hot, but short ride from Hayden Lake, ID home.

HomeThanks to John for organizing this, and thanks to everyone who attended. That's what made it so special - the people!

I so enjoyed the Red Lodge event. I wanted to than you personally for dinner, but I couldn't spot you or locate you in your room before I retired for the night. What a fun-loving crowd of interesting and diverse people. I' m so glad I attended even though my emotions were pretty raw at times. I'll stay in the loop through the forum.

Sent from my iPad

Marilyn Irey

"Motorcycling Montana"

406-49o1852

[email protected]

914 Holmes Ave.

Butte, MT 59701

Not home safe yet, but made 700 miles for Mike-Big Ogre and I. Found a hotel in Menomonie Wisconsin. About 15 miles west of Eau Claire.

Such a good great time at the event.