Sena Handlebar Remote Issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laser Dude

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with the Sena Handlebar remote? I have a 10U integrated into my helmet, and the helmet and remote are fully charged, yet I'll be riding and get the "remote disconnected" message in my ear. If you wait a couple seconds and touch the remote, it will establish the connection again. It might stay connected for 2 minutes, 10 minutes, or for the rest of the day. Other days, it works all day and never disconnects one time.

I contacted Sena support and I was less than impressed with their answer "try charging it with a different cable". Huh? Both the helmet and the remote are showing they are charged. Not sure the purpose of charging them with a different cable would be. When I asked about that, I got a "send it back, here's a RMA number", so I didn't get any indication they were interested in trying to solve the issue or that they even read my support case.

I asked if they had the replacement in stock or not, since every dealer out there is showing it's out of stock and I had a trip planned in 2 weeks, and they said "Sorry, we don't have it in stock, so just send it when your trip is through".

Okay, that's fine, and I appreciate that, and will do, but in the meantime I was curious is anyone else has been having this issue, or perhaps someone had resolved it.

My helmet unit is running the latest software.