Schuberth C3 Pro VS Shoei Neotec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolboytoo

Reaction score
Im really tired of looking at reviews of both these helmets. I've tried them both on twice and like both of them. Mostly concerned with some of the negitive reviews about leaking visors, fogging. . I know fittment is #1 and both are top of the line. Im leaning twoard shoei but really like the c3. opinions please

Wanted to try a Schuberth so I picked up an S2 on closeout. I like the S2 but it didn't seem like a step up from my old Multitec. I know one is a modular and the other a fullface so it's not exactly apples to apples but feel like it gave me a general idea. Anyway I went with the Neotec and am very happy with it. If the cost were equal I might have gone with the C3 pro. Alex at Realtime Industries hooked me up

I have both. Like the Shoei a tad better because it has a more substantial feel. They are both excellent.

I don't have any firsthand experience with Schuberth helmets but picked up a gently used Neotec from a forum member and am very satisfied with it so far. This is my first modular flip helmet, like it a lot.

With the pinloc insert on I haven't had any fogging issues.

Have yet to get caught in the rain to see how it performs in that scenario.

The deciding factor might be whether or not you use a helmet comm system. The Cardo, the Sena, and a few others attach right where the internal sun visor control is located on the Schuberth. The Neotec has no such issue.

I can only speak to the Neotec but it is a fine helmet. The only time Dad or I ever got rain on the inside of our Neotec visors it was raining so hard it was almost like being underwater. Everything leaked. Absolutely everything. Even then very little water got behind our visors. We were quite surprised because we both ride in the rain a lot.

I also use sena 20s so real good to know that won't be an issue with the shoei. Thought i read somewhere about an issue with the internal visor lever interfearing with the sena clamp. Anybody have an issue with that on the schuberth. ah desions desions. lol

I tried the Schuberth and as much as I liked it, it wasn't *better* than the Shoei, which is what I ended up with and have no regrets. I never considered the com. system placement at the time, but that would be a deal killer as well. fwiw, I use the 10R which is velcro'd to the side, doesn't require the clamp.

If my Neotec died, I wouldn't even bother looking for other options, I'd simply get another.

I have Sena radios on both the Schuberth and Shoei. Mounting is cleaner on the Shoei (was done by a vender) because the wiring for the mic and speakers is easier to route, but the Schuberth works okay too.

I have both, well the normal C3 & not the pro.

The Neotec wins hands down, for me the Shoei is more comfortable and the visor doesn't flip and close up at speeds over 10km hour, really quiet annoying.

The Neotec is quieter bit I use Earmolds and a Sena 10

I have a C3 (not pro) and Neotec, I give the Neotec the edge for sure. Same visor issue described by Ken, and the shield vibrates when open (distorts vision). No question now that the C3 pro prices are way out there.

You can fix the visor issue on the C3 by putting a rubber fender washer in the circular area at the hinge on each side of the visor. Not something you should need to do on a $600 helmet, but it works.

C3Pro reveiw, with SRC

Visor easy to remove/change, sometimes difficult to snap closed.

If the visor moves at speed, obtain replacement set of visor 'gears', no charge from Schuberth.

The internal front air vent covers are a PIA, I cut them off.

Nice deep pockets fit almost any speaker.

The snaps/zippers used to hold in the removable lining are too fussy, and in my case at least, need to be oiled so that sweat wont seize them up. (I use sewing machine oil)

The SRC battery life is equal the Sena I had previously, can listen to music all day (15 hours easy) without issues.

The charge cable storage arrangement is goofy, someone should be fired over that design. But it does hold the cable out of the way.

The pins that hold the front of the SRC collar in is another goofy design, replaced once under warranty already.

Every time I close the lid, a little more of the rubber coating on the microphone stalk wears away

The chin strap rachet thing is great.

Pin-lock = never fogs up, & I am in the great PNW rain forest, never had a leak with the visor snapped closed.

Aerodynamics work for me, and it is quiet.

A blue visor that is perfect for 2012/16's is available.

Fits my head shape.

HTH's

-Steve

I have never worn a Schuberth outside a showroom... That said, I love me some shoei. Comparing fit (for me), weight, functionality, and price, I prefer Nolan, but shoei fits me great, and I loved the multitec I had. I gave it to a relative or I'd still have it. I have zero leakage issues in any rain event with Nolans, and had none with the shoei. But I close the top vent/rainscoop when traveling in monsoons.

I was between the Neotec and C3 Pro as well. I went with the Neotec, since I knew Shoei's quality coming from a Qwest, and if flowed air like my Qwest, I was going to very happy. The C3 Pro just didn't fit my head right either. I run a Sena 10U system made specifically for the Neotec. Nothing on the outside and it works great.

I also use sena 20s so real good to know that won't be an issue with the shoei. Thought i read somewhere about an issue with the internal visor lever interfearing with the sena clamp. Anybody have an issue with that on the schuberth. ah desions desions. lol
On my C3 (not a Pro) my 20S is mounted just to the rear of the sun visor lever. If you go the C3 route, just don't snug the mount screws too much or it begins to distort the Sena mount and contact between the pins on the mount and comm unit gets iffy. Since I found the sweet spot, though, I've had no problems.

Neotec with Sena 20 here.

The Sena Antenna is right with the Internal Visor control.

I wear earplugs and run the volume on the Sena near max with their speakers.

Looking into Earbuds to solve that issue.

Neotec is a little noisy (wind noise) but I can usually find a windscreen position that works.

My biggest gripe with the Neotec is that the Front Ven holes are so big that I've had several live bees inside the helmet :(

I'm trying to figure out how to put some stainless steel screens in the Vents to keep the bastages out!

Neotec with Sena 20 here.
The Sena Antenna is right with the Internal Visor control.
Got my Neotec over the winter. First modular for me. Found the antenna issue also and learned to hold it down with one finger before moving the visor with another. Then again this only comes into play when riding with intercoms in a group so I can't really complain.

I wear earplugs and run the volume on the Sena near max with their speakers.Looking into Earbuds to solve that issue.
<Off topic kinda?> I'm still trying to come to some sort of conclusion on the earbud thing. I have had ear-molds for some time now and, if sealed right, work well for noise reduction and good sound. Being able to plug these into the Sena base was a selling point for me on the 20s'. First set I had (Sena) developed some sound issues and by a little luck I met up with a Sena factory rep who listened to it first hand. He agreed there was a problem and one of the first things he asked is if I rode in any heavy rains with them. He quickly and painlessly arranged for an exchange set which had some noticed upgrades. All worked well.

Fast forward to last week and the ride out to Red Lodge. Second day got caught in a bit of rain during which I was using my ear-molds instead of the speakers. Later that day, after turning the 20s off and then back on I had almost no volume out of the speakers, only being able to hear a slight beep akin to those old hearing tests they gave where you raised your hand for left or right. Plugging my molds back in gave me sound on one side with a slight crackling noise and no sound from the other. I was fairly annoyed to be going through this on the new set but then a a day or two later after turning it on in the morning it was all working fine again. Go figure. Maybe it dried out overnight? Used them everyday for over a week straight afterwards and had no further issues but then again it didn't rain during that time either. So maybe a fluke? Maybe don't plug the earbuds into the base when there's a chance of rain and use the little rubber stopper to seal it up good? Dunno. Jury's still out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone for all the feed back. It has been most helpful. With all the pro's and cons I'm probably going with the shoei. It will be a great improvement over the Z1R.