Red Lodge Wrap Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Now that all but the invading Kanuckistani's are safely home, and they are due in here tomorrow, I just want to thank all of you for coming to Red Lodge.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and renewing the friendships and acquaintances.

Many have expressed their thanks and appreciation, all I did was a little organizing.

You folks made the event what it was, well the Beartooth and the Chief Joseph certainly contributed!

Dave and Sylvia were talking about conducting an event the last weekend in June somewhere in Eastern BC.

I'm up for that!

I floated a joint FODS/FJR event idea for the Black Hills, if Dave and Sylvia don't move forward my arm could yet be twisted to do Blackhills Roundup Two in 2017.

Thanks again to all that pitched in and helped me when I asked, this is a great group!

You did a great job John! I know it's been said, but you deserve the credit. I'd go to any event you conjure up, if my schedule let's me. Especially a FODS Event with some good single track. I'd drag my dumb brother with me too!!

You're gonna cost me tires John. Either for the bike or the trailer. Or maybe both.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Hope to meet and ride with you again.

I am for burning tires to BC or the Black Hill in June.

The Red Lodge event was outstanding. Thick steak and good keg beer in a hotel's backyard was icing on the cake. Thanks John!

Thanks again John for all your hard work.We do have a great group of riders.(friends) Another Black Hills Round-up is just what the doctor ordered!

First Spearfish and now Red Lodge...you know you've started something John.

Most excellent ride over with my bud(s) Fontanaman & audiowize, great event, lots of good peeps and made some new friends. What more could one ask for?!?

Looking forward to next year, no matter location.

--G

I'm disappointed that I didn't give this one serious consideration. If I'm being honest, the timing wasn't too good and quite frankly, that's just not a good enough excuse.

I shall have to remedy that, pronto!!

Still waiting to see a picture of the presentation to Marilyn!
I know AbercrombieFJR's son Jordan took some pictures during the presentation, I think they were taken on Tyler's Camera

I'm hoping to see that photo as well.

I have a few pictures but I also have a problem with my photobucket. Can I send them to you John/Tyler/ Bob??

You can post them up

Last edited by a moderator:
Cav47, on a quick side note, how did your suspension work on the way home?
Suspension was normal as far as I could tell. Did it get adjusted? I am a little confused. (Normal operating procedure). I was having questions about tires lasting home. John gave me the confidence to give it a shot and the PR2 rear made it as did the T30. They are ready to be changed soon.

Still confused. Maybe someone else about suspension????

Okay, after much too long of a delay. Technological delays be damned.

After an emotionally moving speech by Tyler, Mrs Big Sky was presented a donation in honor of her late husband Cole

CAA70A01-FB09-4875-A359-ACDB3B9C07F4_zpsijhmvpag.jpg

Those of you that know Tyler, she is the best hugger around and she did what we all wanted to do for Mrs. Big Sky. I hope she felt our collective embrace.

D55F4BEB-F732-4CBA-8736-68B237EB5CE3_zpsjudpetwz.jpg

Rumors of John not tearing up were greatly exaggerated. I am certain he was not the only one.

E8C67463-C246-4775-BB8C-30B88B595CCE_zpsdmp60bhs.jpg

The heart of the people on this board never ceases to amaze me.