Costco Price for 2016 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I haven't gotten a quote on the 2016. But I did get a quote for both the A and ES 2015 models in May 2015.

The quotes (for 2015 models) were as follows:

FJR1300A: MSRP (15890) + Shipping/Setup (999) - Costco Discount (1675) = $15214.

FJR1300ES: MSRP (16890) + Ship/Setup (999) - Costco Discount (1825) = $16064.

To be in and stay in the Costco program, the dealer is allowed to charge ONLY the above for the bike--they will add the appropriate state/local taxes and $189 document fee ($189 may have been specific to Colorado),

In the end, I saw that Costco's price wasn't competitive with those that could be found elsewhere so I immediately offered what I thought was right (still allowing the dealer profit). The salesman and manager chatted at length behind closed doors, but they simply replied back "we have to stay with Costco pricing".

They were also required to follow up with Costco on actual amount quoted and whether the deal closed. Costco also followed up afterwards with me to verify I did or didn't buy, and to verify the price I was quoted. So, it appears the dealer is required to sell to you at exactly that price or they get some heat from HQ and/or Costco. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom just bought a car through costco. Apparently different dealers can have a different negotiated price through costco. When you call costco, they give you the dealer and price closet to you. Usually the lowest, but if it doesn't work, you can call them back and they will give you the next dealer on the list.

My neighbor is looking at a new 2015 FJR1300A for $13K out the door including registration and any dealer setup and shipping. No sales tax in OR.

From a Yamaha dealer

In my search I found a 16A for 13499 + 200 OTD and pay your taxes. I ended up buying a 15 for an even better price and prefer the graphite. My Costco had no participating dealers.

In my search I found a 16A for 13499 + 200 OTD and pay your taxes.
But an OTD fee when you still are paying your own taxes is BS. There's no one walking your paperwork though DMV or anything so it's just a way to claim a lower price then jack it back up again. It should be reflected in the price as 13700.

Where's the dealer?

When I was shopping for our new 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum I got the Costco price from a couple of dealers. Ended up beating the Costco deal by a lot just shopping around.

Thank you for all the replies!
@jammess: Who is the dealer in Oregon?
Dealer is Bay Area Yamaha in North Bend, Oregon on the coast. The FJR he has is the graphite with black trim, really pretty. I don't know if my neighbor is going to follow through. Dealer phone # (541)756-1275