WNC riders group?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post up a ride and see who swallows the bait. You'll probably get a few bites .....

Wheatie and I (in Greenville, SC) have been known to wander up der a time or 2.

I'm on vacation this week. If I make enough progress on some much overdue chores I'm going to reward myself by mounting the FJR and going someplace a little cooler this weekend. May be a one day ride or may be two. May be solo or may be two-up.The rides in the "next up" bin are multi choice and adjustable/reversable. Does any of this look like the kind of group ride that interests you, or anyone else for that matter?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=1iAwZvntW5d1RCgsUdjA2xsRmu6Q

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=1YWTVtswFrldIrcqSVbvuBgk3-2Q

1911 posted: <snip> Does any of this look like the kind of group ride that interests you, or anyone else for that matter?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=1YWTVtswFrldIrcqSVbvuBgk3-2Q
Breaks Interstate Park looks very interesting, but I don't have vacation time to spare. Have you been there? Is it too high in elevation or too far north to try in March?

<edit after research> They have some cool-looking 2-bedroom "woodland cottages". A little pricey after March 31, but looks good for a night to support and out-and-back trip from Atlanta -- or add a middle day riding through the WV/KY/VA mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duane - I'd be interested in a one day ride this weekend.
Wait...Yer retired ain't ya? You can ride anytime
Yeah, but the wifey is starting to whine about me being gone too much. What - Florida, SEOR, 50cc, Red Lodge Rendezvous, NAFO, NERDS, EOM, Hooterville, TOH hunting trips this year. What's her problem
smile.png
Oh, and she doesn't even want to ride with me.

Wait...Yer retired ain't ya? You can ride anytime
Yeah, but the wifey is starting to whine about me being gone too much. What - Florida, SEOR, 50cc, Red Lodge Rendezvous, NAFO, NERDS, EOM, Hooterville, TOH hunting trips this year. What's her problem
smile.png
Oh, and she doesn't even want to ride with me.
Sounds like you're living the dream...ya lucky bastard

sometimes I wish you could just delete a post. but you can't.

I live near Asheville, NC and I'm pretty new to this forum. Does anyone know of a group in western NC that gets together and rides on weekends? Thanks.
Sounds like you're the leader: form the group, plan the rides, arrange the lodging and eats and gas and imbibements, get the swag, reserve the big room, etc. etc. etc. And most importantly prepare for disappointment.

Or skip it all and go ride, post up your plans if there's time.

I ride out yonder all the time, sometimes planned months in advance, sometimes not. Overnighted in Black Mountain last weekend, everyone was welcome. Really, I started that thread in February for a July RTE. No one from western NC, eastern TN, SC or GA came to Black Mountain, that place over "near Asheville, NC.". Here's what I do. In the last 10 months I've posted up RTE's in Danville, VA twice; NC Outer Banks; Martinsville, VA; South Boston, VA; Banner Elk, NC and most recently Blk Mtn/NMB. I had 1 person come to Banner Elk and 2 come to NMB. So good luck with all that planning and such.

rbentnail posted: <snip>
Overnighted in Black Mountain last weekend, everyone was welcome. Really, I started that thread in February for a July RTE. No one from western NC, eastern TN, SC or GA came to Black Mountain, that place over "near Asheville, NC.".
.... and you still did not get the hint, you frickin bubblehead.
coolsmiley02.gif
(Says the guy who can't read dates that are clearly posted in the RTE notice.)

To ncpkwyrider1: Pick a date and a place. Some will make it, others will not. Please make sure the date is clearly posted in the RTE notice as I am prone to overlook those minor details.

NOTE: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/168997-september-rte-caffe-rel-franklin-nc

Overnighted in Black Mountain last weekend, everyone was welcome. Really, I started that thread in February for a July RTE. No one from western NC, eastern TN, SC or GA came to Black Mountain, that place over "near Asheville, NC.".
coolsmiley02.gif

To ncpkwyrider1: Pick a date and a place. Some will make it, others will not. Please make sure the date is clearly posted in the RTE notice as I am prone to overlook those minor details.

NOTE: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/168997-september-rte-caffe-rel-franklin-nc
coolsmiley02.gif
Well......I was hoping it wasn't me but I think I'm beginning to get a complex
uhoh.gif
. I thought maybe new deodorant but in our heat & humidity whatever brand is done in about 5 mins.

No matter, I'll keep posting. Fr'instance, I'm planning to ride up yonder to our nation's capital Thurs, Aug 18th to stay with friends and will be riding back Mon, Aug 22nd. If anyone wants to ride along, buy me lunch, whatever I'd welcome the company on the road for a few hrs.

No. The Georgia riders group sticky has been mocking me for years. Hell, even FredW was telling Georgia noobs to go elsewhere.

Just post up your RTE in the Southeastern subforum ... folks will respond, and change the subject, and make jokes, and post photos, and then it will be on to the next thing, and so there's no need for a sticky.

Sorry - I meant the advice to not poll the user base on RTE ideas, but rather just post up your plans - THAT should be a sticky.

1911:

I'm on vacation this week. If I make enough progress on some much overdue chores I'm going to reward myself by mounting the FJR and going someplace a little cooler this weekend. May be a one day ride or may be two. May be solo or may be two-up.The rides in the "next up" bin are multi choice and adjustable/reversable. Does any of this look like the kind of group ride that interests you, or anyone else for that matter?
Griff:

Progress on the chore list is slow but I'm riding Sunday anyway. Details posted in a standalone RTE invite. Let's ride-everybody from you noobs to you old retired farts that hardly ever get out on two wheels
smile.png