Father & Son SS1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
I have waited for this day for along time...I get to do a SS1000 with my 17 year old son, his first. We will make the attempt on our outward bound leg heading to Utah as we make our way eventually to NAFO. The planned route is a tad over 1100 miles, from Clear Lake, IA to Moab, UT. Our scheduled launch time is 4:30/5:00am Central on Monday the 25th. Feel free to follow along on our "Jack's SS1000" Spotwalla link. Here is the rider with his mount.

PA255148_zpsgrqyjgq4.jpg

Here is our Spot for the SS1000...

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1190d578647ab080a2

Last edited by a moderator:
Bikes are prepped, bags are packed...we move into our launch position tomorrow afternoon. We have made a slight change in plans and are leaving out of Ankeny instead of Clear Lake Iowa. Shortens Monday by about 100 miles but should help get us through Denver in the early afternoon instead of rush hour. Monday should be right around 1,051 miles...perfect length for his first IBA ride. We'll see all of you hooligans in Montrose Thursday afternoon after we spend a little time hiking and ATVing around Moab.