Aftermarket levers (the cheap ones)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erci

Reaction score
Funny how such a little thing can make such a big difference! I was used to running these on my other bikes and always preferred them over OE. I found OE levers to still be a bit too far from the bar on "5". These allow for the levers to be closer to the bar.. I find this easier on my hands/fingers, particularly in traffic.

Color matches my 2015 perfectly too (titanium blades), but it will very likely fade over time (as did my 2 other sets on different bikes). For $25.. can't beat it though!

Warning: if you're considering these, be sure to go with the *older* 6-click models. The new, 7-click models look great, but they can SKIP... very dangerous!

levers_zpsmkaatfvv.jpg

I got mine here: (not affiliated with them in any way) https://www.ebay.com/itm/331849309280

I bought a similar set for my Vstrom after I broke the clutch lever in a fall. I like the feel of them, but they wiggled laterally (up and down) in the perches. I found some thin washers to take up the slack and remove most of the wiggle.

Did these wiggle in the perches at all on the FJR?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fred W" data-cid="1324793" data-time="1468614770"><p>

I bought a similar set for my Vstrom after I broke the clutch lever in a fall. I like the feel of them, but they wiggled laterally (up and down) in the perches. I found some thin washers to take up the slack and remove most of the wiggle. <br />

<br />

Did these wiggle in the perches at all on the FJR?</p></blockquote>

Yes there's quite a bit of up/down play. Pretty sure Pazzos do the same thing. Never bothered me.

They all wiggle. I have sets on the FJR and on the V-Strom for tens of thousands of miles collectively. They haven't faded yet.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puppychow" data-cid="1324813" data-time="1468617965"><p>

They all wiggle. I have sets on the FJR and on the V-Strom for tens of thousands of miles collectively. They haven't faded yet. </p></blockquote>

Fading usually comes from parking in the sun. On my commuter the black ones turned bronze

I bought a set of cheap levers from the2wheels.com. I was irritated when I discovered I had bought directly from China. My plan was to see how they felt, how they worked, and decide if I liked them or not. Once they faded or failed I would order a set of Pazzo levers.

18 months later, they are still on the bike and still looking good.

I've got three or four sets of the2wheels levers knocking around the garage. Initial set faded, but later sets are still looking good with many miles on them. Just checked their site and it looks like they have a sale going on...might be time for a refresh in color! ;-)

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
They all wiggle. I have sets on the FJR and on the V-Strom for tens of thousands of miles collectively. They haven't faded yet.
Well, I decided for the short change they cost, I'd give em a try on the FJR too. Ordered silver with red adjusters.

For anyone that the wiggle does bother, a judiciously placed, very thin washer will eliminate most of it and make it feel to be of higher quality than it is. ;)

The gold ones (the2wheels.com) on mine are still looking good, but they've only been on for six months. My baby parks in a parking deck at the office and in a garage at the house, so the levers aren't going to fade anytime soon.

They're a tad shorter than the originals. My pinky fingers are sometimes grabbing air. After startling me the first couple of times, it's become no big deal.

I bought a set for my '13 and they look great. However, the clutch lever was not working properly. It was not completely releasing the clutch therefor making the transmission "slip". I put the OE ones back on and will probably buy a set of Pazzo levers.

I've had a set in Black with Red adjusters from 2Wheels.com on my '09 for aboiut 5 years and they have yet to show any signs of fading. I remove them once a year to clean and re-lube the pivot and that is the extent of any maintenance. Very slight up and down play but I stopped noticing it after a couple of months.

Wlfman said: I bought a set for my '13 and they look great. However, the clutch lever was not working properly. It was not completely releasing the clutch therefor making the transmission "slip". I put the OE ones back on and will probably buy a set of Pazzo levers.
I just received my snazzy new silver w/ (2014 appropriate) red adjuster levers. When I put the clutch lever on initially it felt wrong, like it was under a lot of tension in the master even at the home position. I had removed the bronze barrel from the stock lever, cleaned and greased it, tried to align it and insert the plunger from the clutch master, but I don't think the rod went all the way in correctly.

I removed the lever, checked it against the stock one for dimensions, then reinstalled it and this time it went together correctly. I can feel that the master has little pressure on it in the home position, and the first few mm of pull are just taking up the slack. You may want to re-try to install your levers too, and pay really close attention to getting that plunger rod in the cup of the bronze barrel all the way.

Hope that works out for you.

Wlfman said: I bought a set for my '13 and they look great. However, the clutch lever was not working properly. It was not completely releasing the clutch therefor making the transmission "slip". I put the OE ones back on and will probably buy a set of Pazzo levers.
I just received my snazzy new silver w/ (2014 appropriate) red adjuster levers. When I put the clutch lever on initially it felt wrong, like it was under a lot of tension in the master even at the home position. I had removed the bronze barrel from the stock lever, cleaned and greased it, tried to align it and insert the plunger from the clutch master, but I don't think the rod went all the way in correctly.

I removed the lever, checked it against the stock one for dimensions, then reinstalled it and this time it went together correctly. I can feel that the master has little pressure on it in the home position, and the first few mm of pull are just taking up the slack. You may want to re-try to install your levers too, and pay really close attention to getting that plunger rod in the cup of the bronze barrel all the way.

Photos?

I tried numerous times to get it to work. No matter what I did it kept the clutch engaged just enough to make it "slip".

A little update on my Cheap the2wheels levers. They are starting to change colors. The clutch lever itself is turning from Very Black to blue. The base of the clutch lever is turning bronze. The brake lever went from Very Black to bluish black and the base of the brake lever is still Very Black.

Also, the little bit of "wigglement" that was there when I installed them has not changed. Yet somehow, now that Fred has complained about it I find it more irritating.

I do not know when but Pazzo levers are going to be in my future.