Lost my luggage lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oreana

Reaction score
I lost my luggage lock last night. Found the piece with the red mark but lock cylinder was gone. Dealership wants $90 for replacement. Found a set of 3 locks on ebay for $64. Checked other lock and screws were also loose. Check it out and threadlock it

PM me your address and I will send you one of my spares. You will have to go to a locksmith and have it rekeyed for your key.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you Jer, I have 3 on the way. Appreciate the new guy link. Now I am faster without the luggage
rolleyes.gif

Whatever the new locks cost has been offset by the great technical help available on this site. I just finished changing all of the liquids in the various systems of my bike with guidance from this great resource. I am now planning a 300 mile round trip with my wife down though Idaho to Northern Nevada to Lehman National Caves. Thanks to everyone who has posted such great information.

My 8 year old FJR has less than 4K miles on it. Runs great and looks brand new. It is like going back in time and buying a 2008 from the dealer. The previous owner even changed the tires at 2k miles because he did not like the originals.

I bought a used set of Corbin seats off this website as well, and I will be opening them up and adding modern foam to the sites I want. I'll post pictures of that one.

Thanks again John S Boise

Got my locks straightened out. What is with the tamper proof screws that come on the locking arm? When they are exposed the luggage is open anyway. Used duck bill pliers with threadlocker. Done.