Gas in Denio?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
Anyone travel hwy 140 in oregon/nevada recently. Trying to find out if there is gas at Denio junction. The spyder doesn't have the range of an FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Or spring for a gas can you can put in that cavernous trailer.

But if you want to call that station and check, here's the phone number: 775-941-0171

Good ol' internets.

But if you want to call that station and check, here's the phone number: 775-941-0171

Good ol' internets.
Perhaps on top of the trailer but not inside. I was going to mount a couple rotopax but siezed up on the price.

Called that number and they have no fuel.

Good ol' internets.
Perhaps on top of the trailer but not inside. I was going to mount a couple rotopax but siezed up on the price.

Called that number and they have no fuel.
Just called the store in Adel, Or. and they have plenty of fuel. Adel to Winnemucca is about 180 miles so that's doable

I was going to mount a couple rotopax but siezed up on the price.
I was thinking of carrying a gas container to get across CO and UT myself, and Google pointed me to that same product for whatever reason. I still can't imagine why they're priced like that. Does anybody know of a safe and secure gasoline jug of any kind at a reasonable price?

But yeah, I've found gas has a way of finding its way out of lots of kinds of containers. Anyway, I carry a siphon hose for my last resort.

The FJR will go well over 200 miles on a tank so you should be good. The milage on the spyder with two full size folks and a trailer gets down into the low 30's and I haven't taken the time to figure how close I can cut it without my bride having to push.
rolleyes.gif

I was just through there three weeks ago. Denio Junction does not have fuel. Left Winnemucca with a full tank. Once we turned onto 140 the speeds (not speed limit) went WAY up. By the time we hit Adel we were pretty much on fumes. If you can keep your speeds below the century mark (we didn't) you should have no problem. And I do suggest stopping in at Denio for something cold to drink. And at Adel for gas or just to check out the gas station/store/restaurant/taxidermy display! Enjoy that ride.... it was amazing. Wide open land... straight roads... leads to very fun running on the FJR. Do watch out for Dougherty Slide in Oregon before you get to Adel.... no guard rails, sharp corners and a LONG drop! Amazing scenery though.

Burns1

I was just through there three weeks ago. Denio Junction does not have fuel. Left Winnemucca with a full tank. Once we turned onto 140 the speeds (not speed limit) went WAY up. By the time we hit Adel we were pretty much on fumes. If you can keep your speeds below the century mark (we didn't) you should have no problem. And I do suggest stopping in at Denio for something cold to drink. And at Adel for gas or just to check out the gas station/store/restaurant/taxidermy display! Enjoy that ride.... it was amazing. Wide open land... straight roads... leads to very fun running on the FJR. Do watch out for Dougherty Slide in Oregon before you get to Adel.... no guard rails, sharp corners and a LONG drop! Amazing scenery though.
Burns1
Yes sir, I've done that route a few times and always enjoy it. Gotta watch out for the wild Burros and their deposits.

Many years ago, I had a Honda CB900C that sucked gas so I carried an extra gallon in a Colemen white gas can. Never leaked. I never put more than 0.9 gallons in to the can.