Power Commander 3 Maps - Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stose85

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a set of Slip On D&D Pipes and a Power Commander 3. I've looked online and on the forum for any custom maps, but all the links are dead. I have a G2 throttle tamer which helped a ton with smoothing out the throttle. I have the stock air filter. My concerns are backfiring, even smoother low end, and mpg. I know I probably can't have all 3 wishes, but any insight would help.

One post from 2007 showed a 001 map combined with a smoothness map. It got rave reviews but the links are dead.

Years back, Uselesspickles (mostly) did lots of testing on airbox mods, filters, slip ons, etc. using a dyno to actually measure results. Cdog's airbox mod, OEM filter (NOT K&N!) and slip ons with the right PC map were the best setup for performance. Just running slip ons without airbox modding won't require a 'performance first' map that will also drop your mpg a lot. Wally's smoothness map link above is where I started though I merged it with another map and tweaked some cells to my liking and it works great. I'm not sure you can run a PC map that makes the bike run really well without losing 1-2 mpg.

I had to enrichen the off idle settings for more fuel on my 2006. I ran a PC-5 with a Dyno jet map. Ran great after that.