Saddle Bag Emblem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmudder

Tim
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced a saddle bag emblem?

I have one coming away from the bag and when I called the dealer he tells me this item is held on with 3 screws.

Mine has come away at least 3 inches and I don't see the first screw so I am hoping some one can confirm it is only adhesive or it does in fact have 3 crews. I know I have read that they have just fallen off which is why I am mystified by he statement.

I am referring to item 12 Chrome Strip Emblem Right on a parts diagram

Part number 1MC-SCBCR-00-00
IMG_2188_zpsevqsu5bg.jpg

IMG_2189_zpswygbccio.jpg
IMG_2192_zpsqruv41vv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK after conversing with my dealer it is in fact screwed on with 3 very small hex screws & no adhesive. It is the flex of the other 2 screws holding it on that are making it feel like an adhesive contact. How some have had these blow off I am unsure of. I cant explain how mine broke but it is being replaced under warranty.

Having all the pieces in my hand I would strongly suggest that anyone who has the emblem raised away from the case and no warranty coverage to have it replaced. Remove it and glue the piece back in before it tears it all off and you have to spend $40.00 on a new emblem. I am even considering putting a thin double sided tape in between so it can't just break and fall off in the future.

Most of the time the "emblem" that falls off the Gen3 is the black Yamaha sticker that is inset in that chrome piece. For those issues it is not necessary to buy the entire chrome piece. Just buy the sticker from a Gen2.

Most of the time the "emblem" that falls off the Gen3 is the black Yamaha sticker that is inset in that chrome piece. For those issues it is not necessary to buy the entire chrome piece. Just buy the sticker from a Gen2.
Good to know because it is not an option on the parts fiche for a gen 3

Plastic epoxy will fix that broken off screw boss.........
I didn't know he was yer boss...
rolleyes.gif
Get with the program Joe, you will be assimilated soon!
Lkingsmiley.png

Dealer replaced under warranty no need for a repair this time.