• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen I Headers & Oil Pan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I could buy an OEM oil pan online for a not too bad of a price, but that's not the case with the headers. To buy an OEM header from one of the parts houses, it requires me to purchase the entire exhaust system. At least that's how I read it.

Mike,

There are something like 3 Gen 1 exhausts on Ebay right now. Ranged from under $100 just for the header to 300 complete.

This may not do you any good but I'll throw it out there.

I have dented headers where the radiator crunched them, they also have the cat gutted.

Might could do a repair on them.

If interested pm me.

You might could find them on eBay or buy new from Dale Walker or other aftermarket exhaust supplier if you run out of luck here.

I think the oil pan from patriots grenade motor is available in my attic.

If so, u get it for the low price of FREE! I will check tomorrow and follow up.

Mike,
There are something like 3 Gen 1 exhausts on Ebay right now. Ranged from under $100 just for the header to 300 complete.

You might could find them on eBay or buy new from Dale Walker or other aftermarket exhaust supplier if you run out of luck here.
I am such a dork. I never thought of looking on EBay for the headers. When replacing parts on the bike I just naturally look to replacing with new parts. So I looked on EBay and yes, there are several headers for sale. Excellent!

Gen 1 and 2 headers interchange.
This is great to know. Thanks Chuck.

I think the oil pan from patriots grenade motor is available in my attic.
If so, u get it for the low price of FREE! I will check tomorrow and follow up.
"FREE" You think there might be some wiggle room there for negotiating on the price?

Honestly though I wouldn't expect nor want it for free. That's awesome though that anyone would have one of those lying around, especially in their attic. lol Thanks pants, that's a great offer.

So it sounds like she'll live to ride again!!
punk.gif

Well - you are in luck, sir. I've got the oil pan and it's in wonderful shape. You will need a gasket, of course.

Perhaps you don't remember, but a few years back our friend Patriot from just down the road in New Orleans grenaded his FJR motor and was really down on his luck. Patriot rides with the Patriot Guard, a group of motorcyclists that attend funerals for veterans, police officers, fire fighters, and other heros and citizens. The fine people on this forum pitched in together and bought him a used motor, along with the labor to put it in his bike, and a few extras to make sure it last (new CCT, spark plugs, etc). Redfish Hunter provided truck/trailer transportation to and from the mechanic shop. I went with them to pick up the bike - the look of thankfulness on Patriot's face is something I will never forget. Made me feel real proud to be part of this.

I took the grenade back to my house and completely disassembled it. I bagged and tagged the parts and made sure they were oiled and safe from the weather in my attic. I figured there would be some good parts that one day somebody could use. My offer then is still my offer today. Anyone on this forum can have any part from that motor free of charge. Many parts are gone now - I can't remember who got what. Hopefully those bikes are still running the roads today.

And you sir will have the oil pan. Congrats! Please PM me with your mailing address. It will be shipped Monday. Cheers!!!

Well - you are in luck, sir. I've got the oil pan and it's in wonderful shape. You will need a gasket, of course.
Perhaps you don't remember, but a few years back our friend Patriot from just down the road in New Orleans grenaded his FJR motor and was really down on his luck. Patriot rides with the Patriot Guard, a group of motorcyclists that attend funerals for veterans, police officers, fire fighters, and other heros and citizens. The fine people on this forum pitched in together and bought him a used motor, along with the labor to put it in his bike, and a few extras to make sure it last (new CCT, spark plugs, etc). Redfish Hunter provided truck/trailer transportation to and from the mechanic shop. I went with them to pick up the bike - the look of thankfulness on Patriot's face is something I will never forget. Made me feel real proud to be part of this.

I took the grenade back to my house and completely disassembled it. I bagged and tagged the parts and made sure they were oiled and safe from the weather in my attic. I figured there would be some good parts that one day somebody could use. My offer then is still my offer today. Anyone on this forum can have any part from that motor free of charge. Many parts are gone now - I can't remember who got what. Hopefully those bikes are still running the roads today.

And you sir will have the oil pan. Congrats! Please PM me with your mailing address. It will be shipped Monday. Cheers!!!
Where is the ecstatically clapping emoticon when you need one?

Thank you pants. I remember well when that was all going down with Patriot. Fred, RFH and you did a wonderful job of helping it all happen.

PM forthcoming. But I will be asking you to just hold off for the time being on sending it. Ins. co totalled Old Yeller and I am waffling between accepting full amount and seeing her hauled away, or accepting less and keeping her. That bike & I have seen a lot of country together and it wouldn't take too much to get it road worthy again. But.......(darn common sense)........

Edit: the waffling continues. Just PM'ed pants to tell him to send the part.

This forum ROCKS!!

Last edited by a moderator: