BMRx 2016 has been announced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
The 2016 BMRx has been announced. Details can be found here: https://bigmoneyrally.com/bmrx/?page_id=118017

It's a really simple rally: Pick one of the rally triangles. Ride to all three triangle vertices on the September 23 weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday). Collect bonus points for your two mandatory rest periods -- and vioila! -- you're a finisher. Really, that's all you do to become a finisher. Bonus list, with accurate lat/lon waypoints will be available one hour before the start time.

Now, if you want to compete, there will be plenty of other bonii, at varying point values, to lure you off the most direct route. They, of course, ride you over cool roads to cool places, but they're not needed to become a finisher!

Nine triangles to choose from across the US, and one goes to Toronto. I'm in for the GA-WV-AR triangle, about 2,000 miles over the three days.

Real questions should be directed to the Rallymaster. (See above link.) Bullshit questions can be posted in this thread, where I will be happy to provide bullshit answers.

====================================================================

(Thanks, RFlagg42 for your contributions to BMRx 2016. Nice to be able to use you as an LD reference!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Real questions should be directed to the Rallymaster. (See above link.) Bullshit questions can be posted in this thread, where I will be happy to provide bullshit answers.
I can add a depth those BS answer myself if needed as well. I rode the 2015 BMRx and had a hoot! 2016 looks even cooler.

That could be a lot of fun. Shame I'm already in for EOM.
Good luck Hud!
Ditto...
cool.png
Maybe do both...
uhoh.gif

This is "something similar" in that it's a hell of a lot shorter (time and miles) and therefore a lot less .... everything else: money, stress, physical, rough on the bike ......

Want a riding partner, eflyguy? I'm in for the GA-WV-AR triangle.

This looks fun, my triangle looks pretty easy with three six hundred mile days. With that I could get eight hours sleep each night! :)

I have never done a rally, and not well prepared as I only have a flip phone and never have created a route for my GPS let alone know how to put in latitude and longitude!

I guess I should learn a bit more about phones & the GPS as next year I should have more time for this kind of stuff.

I would LOVE to do this...but I'm not available to ride that weekend. Otherwise I'd be at EOM....dammit...

This looks fun, my triangle looks pretty easy with three six hundred mile days. With that I could get eight hours sleep each night!
smile.png
I have never done a rally, and not well prepared as I only have a flip phone and never have created a route for my GPS let alone know how to put in latitude and longitude!

I guess I should learn a bit more about phones & the GPS as next year I should have more time for this kind of stuff.
Why not team up with someone that has a bit more experience? That's a great way to learn and share a few (s)miles with a friend in the process! ;)

This looks fun, my triangle looks pretty easy with three six hundred mile days. With that I could get eight hours sleep each night!
smile.png

Why not team up with someone that has a bit more experience? That's a great way to learn and share a few (s)miles with a friend in the process!
wink.png
I almost have to pay these guys to let me hang out now! Actually not a bad idea Tyler as this looks like it could be fun.

Panman says "This looks fun, my triangle looks pretty easy with three six hundred mile days. With that I could get eight hours sleep each night! :)"

Which triangle might that be? I happen to think all of the triangles are very similar effort. The beauty of BMRx is for finisher status you only need to complete the triangle (no more than 2100 miles) in 66.6 hours. You certainly can get 8 hours of sleep per night!

Now beating some of the rally fanatics may require a bit more dedication! Good luck!

Which triangle might that be? I happen to think all of the triangles are very similar effort. The beauty of BMRx is for finisher status you only need to complete the triangle (no more than 2100 miles) in 66.6 hours. You certainly can get 8 hours of sleep per night!

Now beating some of the rally fanatics may require a bit more dedication! Good luck!

The B triangle.

Great to see info and banter on BMRx here. It is a very unique, fun and interesting event.

The 2016 BMRx has been announced. Details can be found here: https://bigmoneyrally.com/bmrx/?page_id=118017

It's a really simple rally: Pick one of the rally triangles. Ride to all three triangle vertices on the September 23 weekend (Friday-Saturday-Sunday). Collect bonus points for your two mandatory rest periods -- and vioila! -- you're a finisher. Really, that's all you do to become a finisher. Bonus list, with accurate lat/lon waypoints will be available one hour before the start time.<snip>
Yes, it is that simple! ...and I'll add: All information needed to be a finisher is available weeks before the event. This means all corner bonus information, plus all info on the two mandatory rest bonuses. (which BTW you can take when and where you want).

snapshot of corners:

20160724183356-Fianl05s.jpg

Again, earning your triangles' corners and the two rest bonuses -is all that is required to be a finisher -and all that info is available many weeks before the event.

For those who wish to earn points above finisher status, a very nifty list of hundreds of optional bonuses of varying point values is released one hour before the start of the rally. With these optional bonuses, you can bite off as much (or more) than you can handle, or just nibble a bit.

Anyone wanting more specific details might want to look at the bonus listing for last years BMRx. The concept this year is very consistent, with a few tweaks of improvement. Also don't be shy to reach out to BMRx veterans like Ignacio and others, Iggy very much understands the concept, he put on quite a show last year.

RJ

@playinatwork: on th road and on the iphone so this willl be screwed up .... Lodging? Start date is late Sept so no hotels yet, but will be Super8, my moto choice, or something similar.

Happy to split a room and ride with you, but I'm not using this as an IBR practice event. Maybe a max of two extra bonii per leg? Gotta be a little competitive, but I also have to work on Monday.

Hud