Ride Height adjustment on an 03 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bullitt1791

Hi, I just purchased an 03 FJR and am wondering how i can adjust the ride height as I have short stumpy legs and find it very uncomfortable balancing the bike on my toes.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

and if you do that don't forget to raise the forks in the triple clamp approx. an equal amount to keep the geometry about the same. Lots of info here on the forum if you search for it.

yes, forgot to mention the side effects......but still a very common way to achieve proper lowering.

Remember: everything affects everything, talking about suspension mods.

There are lots of brands of lower links available. There are fixed length links like Kouba and adjustable links like the ones from Soupeys.

Besides the side stand, you will never be able to use the center stand without first rolling the rear tire onto a 2x6, a block or brick of some sort.

IMHO I'd leave it the way it is. I am only 5'7" with 29" inseam, have an '03 with new hyper pro adjustable rear suspension, and when I come to a stop just use my left leg and right foot on the rear brake. I changes the dog bones on an older Suzuki bandit 1200 and didn't care how it changed the handling. Just my 0.02 worth.

Thin the seat or ask a pro to rebuild it (shorter).

I wear Red Wing boots (taller sole than bike boots) and have a thinner /narrower seat from BMS.

Together I feel comfy w/ most situations... not backing up/ up hill.