FJR Streetfighter?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at that back tire says he's probably spending too much time on the slab.
rolleyes.gif

Interesting looks. I wonder how much it weighs after shedding all of the plastics and who knows what else?

Calling this a street fighter is like peeling the wood grain stickers off a station wagon and calling it an F1 car. A Triumph Speed Triple right off the showroom floor would be cheaper and better in every way. Faster, better suspension, and over 200 pounds lighter. I suspect like most "street fighters" it was an owner who was too cheap to replace crash damaged plastic.

A damned sight better execution than most efforts. Someone posted something a long time ago about their "project" and, not unlike this one, it was more of a basket case than a finished project.

FJRStreetFighter.jpg

Up until the one in the OP, they all seemed like someone who had wrecked their bike and didn't want to spend the money to fix their fuckup.

A Triumph Speed Triple right off the showroom floor would be cheaper and better in every way. Faster, better suspension, and over 200 pounds lighter.
This. All that comes to my mind is "why"? They obviously put a lot of effort and money into developing the partial fairing replacement and redesigning the back half of the bike, but it's still going to be a 650lb pig. And shaving off the rear seat (ok, there is a postage stamp of a rear seat still), and getting rid of the side cases...huh?

"Here's my piece of crap. Let me stick the camera up the exhaust to impress you"

I like it, but I wonder how much it weighs. It's still no streetfighter.
Huh? Yes it is. Look at it. It's a street fighter alright. It just fights in the Super Heavyweight Division.

Haha...I actually have no idea. Is a street fighter when they take the fairings and shit off an otherwise normal sport bike? Either way, it's kind of cool, but a lot of ugly. Not for me, but I'm glad not everyone is like me. That would be WAY too many assholes!