NAFO 2016 pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudslide Miller

Reaction score
Since our main NAFO thread is up to 40 pages, thought I would start a new thread just for everyone's pics.

Found a vagrant looking for handouts; kinda reminded me of nearly every street corner in Phx

Heading up 135 towards Crested Butte

Scenery along 135

Riding the dirt along 12 from Crested Butte towards Keblar Pass

Taking a rest after 20 miles of dirt/gravel; myself, Dash and AZBeemer buddy Steve Cantrill

My son, Kyle, landed an asst GM job at Grand Lodge 7 ski resort in Breckenridge; now I'm the peon so I guess he can take care of me in my old age; payback is a bitch, son!!

The view from atop Pike's Peak

Twin Lakes at the bottom of Independence Pass on 82

Riding to Creede on 149 with John, his son Jack, Tim and wife Grace, and Cooley

The town of Creede looking back towards the mines

Blue Mesa reservoir

Last edited by a moderator:
Outside Trinidad Colorado

13686505_1390666667626446_455719837693036038_n.jpg

Curecanti National Recreation Area

13909358_1393451010681345_3400687818218281315_o.jpg

Stose, that second pic with the rock formation across the water is officially known as The Dillon Pinnacles. The body of water is usually called the Blue Mesa Reservoir. And yes, it is all part of the Curecanti thingamy.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing them.

It looks like it was fun, there are a heck of a lot of folks there. I am surprised at how few of them I could connect with their forum names.

Having met A.J. before I am finding it hard to believe that he helped organize anything that turned out good. Marty (0Face) must have done most of the work.
smile.png

Looks like an awesome time...I recognize a few people from all corners of this continent.

Way to go Beemerdons for kicking this off...and the rest trying to finish it. Good work by the organisers! Kudos!

It looks like it was fun, there are a heck of a lot of folks there. I am surprised at how few of them I could connect with their forum names.
I know what you mean. I met so many new people that I still didn't get to talk to many of them so I didn't even attempt to put names to the pics and end up butchering that. The nice thing was that they gave us all name tags with our forum names on them so you could identify with a new face and a familiar forum name. But with almost 90 there, I still couldn't remember everybody by the end of it. This will be a party to remember for years to come!

I think we determined that Jack was easily the youngest at 17 and the next closest were 28...yes, they were definitely outliers in the age distribution.

I think we determined that Jack was easily the youngest at 17 and the next closest were 28...yes, they were definitely outliers in the age distribution.
Well you could say the youngest was -6 months :) since Grace is pregnant; that little guy (or girl) rode about 3800 miles with mom this trip.

Depends on what side of the aisle you are on...one side and that little bugger is just a skin tag...the other side and you are correct...-6 months will really help lower the average...
banned.gif

Is Fred two-fisting it here...must have been small drink cups?! :thumbsup: [img=[URL="https://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp161/profmil19/NAFO%202016/289.JPG_zpszs8mgjb9.jpg%5D"]https://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp161/profmil19/NAFO%202016/289.JPG_zpszs8mgjb9.jpg][/URL]

--G
Jusr holding the bosses while she .....

Thought I'd add a few. First thing is a link to a few more images.

Link to image folder

Bugnatr striking the pose before our trucks on the ride towards Montrose. Take note of the flex - it will be a recurring theme.

DSC00400.JPG

At Owl Creek Pass

DSC00419.JPG

FJRPilot (John) and Bugnatr

DSC00427.JPG

John getting ready to go all Evel Knievel and shit....

DSC00435.JPG

I think it must have been thousands of feet down from that ramp - who knows why it was ever created... I think Doug was in the middle of flexing again
smile.png

DSC00438.JPG

Diane, Dave (Highlander), John and Doug on the way to eats in Creede - what a great road 149 is

DSC00463.JPG

Nice unplanned meet at the famous overlook on 92 - exact spot I caught up with Crazy Davey Cooley back in 2013. That was a trip with the AZBeemer crew that Don Stanley had set up. That was really a great trip
punk.gif

DSC00486.JPG

What do you suppose these two delinquents are laughing about? I think I know but won't tell
jester.gif

DSC00493.JPG

I promise honey - I'm not gonna jump

DSC00514.JPG

Caught in the act of seflying - what could be more heinous

DSC00604.JPG

Founding members of the high forehead club!

DSC00612.JPG

Gary, David and Crazy Dave from the AZBeemer ride from 2013 - it was great to see you guys again
smile.png

DSC00614.JPG

The Three Amigos - we spent much of the week riding together. I sure had a great time, and sorry for holding up the train most of the week
not_i.gif

DSC00613.JPG

I've got tons of video clips to sort through but it will take me a lot of work to cut it down to a 1 minute clip that's not too boring. Hopefully it will be online here by the end of this weekend.

Thanks again to all the organizers and participants....

Nice pictures Russ, looking forward to the video. I never saw you holding up the train wreck but I sure had a blast riding with you and John. Dave and Diane hustled right along with us too plus Sunday's ride with the eastern crew was a spirited adventure on 141.

So glad I was able to attend, NAFO 16 was a premier event!!!!